Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybodu going to Long Beach Grand Prix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dkjens
My neighbor invited me again this year, so I'll be mozying around with my camera, observing the 'representatives' of certain liquid refreshments and the cars of course. Love the sounds of the braking and downshifting at the end of the straight and the sound of those alky fueled engines on their rev limiter going down the pits he he, kind of like a sick elephant giving birth he he.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dkjens @ Apr 12 2009, 10:50 AM) *

My neighbor invited me again this year, so I'll be mozying around with my camera, observing the 'representatives' of certain liquid refreshments and the cars of course. Love the sounds of the braking and downshifting at the end of the straight and the sound of those alky fueled engines on their rev limiter going down the pits he he, kind of like a sick elephant giving birth he he.

Mrs. K always goes. If you bump into here get her picture! bye1.gif cheer.gif
gothspeed
I went last year and it was awesome ........ biggrin.gif!!! I think I will go only on Saturday this year .......... smile.gif
Jeffs9146
I was invited out on a boat in the marina to watch this weekend but I am not sure I will be in LA yet!!
7TPorsh
Grand Prix...not to me...not a GP unless I can hear a Ferrari go by..
dkjens
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Apr 13 2009, 01:16 PM) *

Grand Prix...not to me...not a GP unless I can hear a Ferrari go by..

On Saturday last year's race they had some GTA or GTO or wht those classes are called, with Ferraries, Corvettes, Lolas and all those non open-wheel cars, and yes, the Ferrari almost sounded like one of those GT3000 (I thin kthat class is called) at the braking and down shifting area, really cool. The Corvettes would be rumbling by, the Ferraries were screaming. The drifting was pretty cool too.
TonyAKAVW
My wife and I will be going on Sunday. Coworker gave me a couple tickets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.