Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sold 2.0 6 cyl complete with weber carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
LarryR
I just picked up a '69 911T with the original 2.0 6 cyl and weber carbs. I am going to put in a 3.2 so the 2.0 is up for sale. This would make for a slam dunk affordable 6 conversion since it has the early 6 flywheel and does not require external cooler. The '69 T engine is essentially what they put in stock 914/6's.

The engine(car) has been sitting since '95. However, the engine will start and run and idle.

The good: No funny noises and good oil pressure.
The bad: The carbs are going to need rebuilt (no biggie)
It is going to need some resealing... I did not see anything dripping from the case or anything like that but the valve covers had a pretty steady drip and I would expect some more.

Since it is complete from carbs to exhaust I am asking 2500 (I figure the webers and fan are worth 1400). It is still in the car but the car cant be driven since the brakes are shot and front suspension pan is rusted....(After the engine is gone its off to McMarks for some serious rust fixing beerchug.gif )

Larry
LarryR
Picture of engine:
Click to view attachment
jgara962
If I hadn't just bought my wife an anniversary gift, I would be all over this. Maybe if I sold my 2.0/4...hmmmm biggrin.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Apr 16 2009, 05:27 PM) *

If I hadn't just bought my wife an anniversary gift, I would be all over this. Maybe if I sold my 2.0/4...hmmmm biggrin.gif

Hey John,

I can take it up to Marks beerchug.gif The weber carbs are actually in excellent shape. It has the early bosch distributor too. Take a look at the 69T on Mark's site and you will see I need all the restoration $ I can raise smile.gif

Larry
jgara962
[/quote]

Take a look at the 69T on Mark's site and you will see I need all the restoration $ I can raise smile.gif

Larry
[/quote]

blink.gif You're not kidding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.