Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjustable rear coilovers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jmargush
I am looking at Coleman racings threaded coilover kits. They have an I.D. of 2.040. When I measure my Koni Yellow sports I get 1.968 O.D. on the shock tube. Will their threaded sleeve be too loose? Does it need to be tight?

Also what length springs should I look for 10"?

Any thing else I need to know when I make this purchase?
J P Stein
I used .020 inch thick plastic shim stock wrapped around my 2.0 inch dia. Bils.....the yellow stuff on the bench. 10 inch springs in the pic.

BTW, the cable ties weren't strong enuff. Multiple wraps of safety wire did the trick. Had to do some backyard engineering to get the hats to fit around the flanged barrel nut.
jmargush
Jp,
Did you get yours through Coleman?

They don't list Koni for the shock top and I am curious as to how close the Koni is to the Bilstein dimensionally.

Jeff
J P Stein
Yes, from Coleman.
The "top" (hat) actually fits onto the barrel nut which I believe is a standard 914 item.....but I have no experience with Konis. The shock top appears to be contained in the Colman kit....pg 111 of their catalog.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.