Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Rust repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Smitty911
I have my 914 back and running good from Heal Toe now it's time to address some of the other issues.

The windshield has rust in the channel and has eaten though, driver side and passenger side has some additional damage.

Need someone in SoCal and guestimate on the repair. Of course I can bring it to them to check out.

r_towle
When you say So-Cal...how south are you?
Contact Capn Crusty if you are near Orange County.

If you are close to Mexico, contact MikeZ here and ask him to hook you up with the body shops over the boarder...

Rich
Smitty911
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 13 2009, 03:05 PM) *

If you are close to Mexico, contact MikeZ here and ask him to hook you up with the body shops over the boarder...

Rich

Thanks Rich,

I work in Fullerton and live in La Mirada. Capn looks several hours north. South of the Border shops, hmmmm are they just going to slap bondo and smooth that's a no thanks.

I'm looking for a 10 foot car. This is going to be a Driver, not a trailer car. so within reason.
76-914
QUOTE(Smitty911 @ Apr 13 2009, 03:37 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 13 2009, 03:05 PM) *

Rich

Thanks Rich,

I work in Fullerton and live in La Mirada. Capn looks several hours north. South of the Border shops, hmmmm are they just going to slap bondo and smooth that's a no thanks.

I'm looking for a 10 foot car. This is going to be a Driver, not a trailer car. so within reason.

What about Sean in San Diego. He's a member.
john rogers
As the original user on any of the 914 sites of a Tijuana body shop, in 1980 or so I think, they do some pretty great work. On my daughter's 914 they had to cut out and do both lower corners of the windshield and handmade the replacement metal pieces. The 914 guys usuall Garage Los Ponchos and if you search on the Pelican site their contact info is listed. Now when you take a car, you have to have the title with you and a passport or some other form of ID to get back across the border I think? The last car that I know of that went by trailer was met at the border by someone from the shop so Mexican customs would let it through and now there are inspections on this side of the border too. Here's a couple of picts of the type of work they do. Ted's 356 was rolled at Palm Springs a few years ago and they replaced the roof and a few other things and it cost him $2000 total.
Smitty911
QUOTE(john rogers @ Apr 13 2009, 07:37 PM) *

As the original user on any of the 914 sites of a Tijuana body shop, in 1980 or so I think, they do some pretty great work. On my daughter's 914 they had to cut out and do both lower corners of the windshield and handmade the replacement metal pieces. The 914 guys usuall Garage Los Ponchos and if you search on the Pelican site their contact info is listed. Now when you take a car, you have to have the title with you and a passport or some other form of ID to get back across the border I think? The last car that I know of that went by trailer was met at the border by someone from the shop so Mexican customs would let it through and now there are inspections on this side of the border too. Here's a couple of picts of the type of work they do. Ted's 356 was rolled at Palm Springs a few years ago and they replaced the roof and a few other things and it cost him $2000 total.

Thanks John,

I looked at the Pelican site didn't see a phone number, I used the search function. Found several post about them.

I could drive the car down and drop it off for a couple of weeks. Have the prices skyrocketed or have they tanked due to economy and drug wars? If you know.

Thanks for the help.

Smitty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.