Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to test fit 6 x 16" Fuchs with 195/55/16 tire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I have a set of 6" x 16 " Fuchs and am looking for someone in the area that will let me test fit one 6" x 16" Fuchs with a 195/55/16 tire on it. I tried a 205 tire yesterday that I thought would fit and it was too wide. The tire was a Kuhmo Ecsta MX which is a wide 205. I was hoping to go with either Bridgestones RE-11 or Dunlops Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec. I was looking so forward to new tires and getting my speedometer back accurate I don't want to roll the fender lips so I thought I would try a 195 to see if it fit. Currently I am running a -1.8 degree camber on the back of my car. I was thinking of going to a -2.5 degree to see if that would help. It is so close I think the 195 will fit but I want to test before purchasing tires.
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(Michael N @ Apr 13 2009, 04:43 PM) *

I have a set of 6" x 16 " Fuchs and am looking for someone in the area that will let me test fit one 6" x 16" Fuchs with a 195/55/16 tire on it. I tried a 205 tire yesterday that I thought would fit and it was too wide. The tire was a Kuhmo Ecsta MX which is a wide 205. I was hoping to go with either Bridgestones RE-11 or Dunlops Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec. I was looking so forward to new tires and getting my speedometer back accurate I don't want to roll the fender lips so I thought I would try a 195 to see if it fit. Currently I am running a -1.8 degree camber on the back of my car. I was thinking of going to a -2.5 degree to see if that would help. It is so close I think the 195 will fit but I want to test before purchasing tires.

Just a thought on tire choice.. have you thought about the Falken ZE 912? It's a newer tire but I have heard great things about them and there are multiple places that have it in 195 55 16 under $100. I have heard that they are similar in performance to the Kuhmo.

Good luck!!

smile.gif
Michael N
I was researching the 195 tires today since I think 205 are out of the question without rolling the lips. The 195 have fewer choices of good tires but I did not search much due to wanting to make sure the fit first. The Falken ZE 912 was one of the tires in my search but again I did not search too hard.
MoveQik
FWIW, I have 16x6's. ****EDIT****I had 205/55 Khumos on and they fit my stock fenders fine. I switched to 205/50's just because I like the look better.
Allan
If you can't find anyone with a tire to use, you can always try a used tire store. We have a ton of them around here and most of them will sell you a good used tire and mount it for you for 20 bucks or so. If you call around you may even be able to find a place with the exact tire your thinking about buying.
70Sixter
Even though tires have the same size listed, they are not all the same. Same for our little cars. Even when new the panel fit wasn't precise.

205/70-14 fit my left rear, but not the right.

Best I remember TireRack was not a lot of help with 914s. But you might ask them.

I knew a guy in San Diego who had 16s on his -6, but no memory of tire width.
Michael N
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 14 2009, 09:03 AM) *

If you can't find anyone with a tire to use, you can always try a used tire store. We have a ton of them around here and most of them will sell you a good used tire and mount it for you for 20 bucks or so. If you call around you may even be able to find a place with the exact tire your thinking about buying.

I am thinking that this is what I am going to do. There is a tire shop near my work that I will have them mount a tire on and check for clearance. The drivers side has some room but the passenger side is tight. To top things off my car is a '70 with the bigger fender lip that I do not want to roll.
Michael N
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Apr 14 2009, 01:08 PM) *

Even though tires have the same size listed, they are not all the same. Same for our little cars. Even when new the panel fit wasn't precise.

205/70-14 fit my left rear, but not the right.

Best I remember TireRack was not a lot of help with 914s. But you might ask them.

I knew a guy in San Diego who had 16s on his -6, but no memory of tire width.

I currently have 205/60 on 14" Fuchs but the offset on the 16" rims push it out slightly. 14" Fuchs have a 46mm offset on a 5.5 width.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.