Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tip of the hat, wag of the finger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Tip of the hat:
I received something today that I thought was gone forever, excellent customer service! I ordered some parts through Cip1 parts on line and realized this AM that I ordered a set of left rear brake backing plates instead of a left and a right. I called them and Amanda answered the phone. She said that the parts are pulled and that they are either on the doc or UPS already got them. She asked if I would hold while she went to check....and she was polite. She came back on the phone and said she grabbed it and that she will change the order and take care of everything. I was so impressed. It felt good to deal with a company with great prices and excellent customer service. smile.gif

Wag of the finger:
I managed to get off of work early today to get to the garage where my 4x8 trailer is. I need to get it weighed to have it registered...even though the title has the weight on it. I also have to pay $70 to have it inspected. I took the damn thing to the local CAT scale and...it was too light to register dry.gif So, now I am having to find a place to weight my damn trailer. I think the local feed store can do it...they are open from 8am-5pm. I work from 7am to 5 or 8pm dry.gif In CA this was so much easier. Fricken PA.
DBCooper
That's funny to hear. I had EXACTLY the same feelings about Pennsylvania by the time we left. Wine only at the state-run store? Layers and layers of inept bureaucrats everywhere? I couldn't wait to be gone. Texas is at the other end of the scale at almost every turn, but that's not always a good thing. Folks who live there may not believe it, but California is right about in the middle. Not a bad balance, all in all.
computers4kids
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 14 2009, 03:42 PM) *

In CA this was so much easier. Fricken PA.

I went to the DMV (CA) to register my new to me car trailer that had never been registered. No VIN numbers (custom made), no title and just a bill of sale.

The gal had me fill out a couple forms, walked out looked at the trailer and asked me how much it weighed and I said "not sure." She said looks like it's good for 12,500 wrote it down charged me $74 and I was out the door in 15 minutes with permanent car trailer plates. aktion035.gif I expected an ordeal...but was pleasantly surprised.
IPB Image

jsayre914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 14 2009, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 14 2009, 03:42 PM) *

In CA this was so much easier. Fricken PA.

I went to the DMV (CA) to register my new to me car trailer that had never been registered. No VIN numbers (custom made), no title and just a bill of sale.

The gal had me fill out a couple forms, walked out looked at the trailer and asked me how much it weighed and I said "not sure." She said looks like it's good for 12,500 wrote it down charged me $74 and I was out the door in 15 minutes with permanent car trailer plates. aktion035.gif I expected an ordeal...but was pleasantly surprised.
IPB Image

Thats a mean looking grill you got there

drooley.gif
slackin' at work
I have had great experience with cip over the years. the 2 times they sent
me wrong items, they just told me to keep the wrong parts and they shipped
the correct parts expedited at no charge.

it's a great company, but it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get the parts here on the
east coast. usually like 8-10 business days.

no help with the dmv though. VA is pretty good.
rick 918-S
Can I add a wage of the finger?

I went to the local GM/Nissan/ Honda stealer to order a mirror glass for the Titan. I tell him. 2004 right side heavy tow package power remote heated mirror glass. The parts manager refused to order the effin mirror without the vin. WTF.gif

I walked out shaking my head. Went down the road and realized the mounting that the glass was attached to had a part number on it. WTF.gif Went back with the mount in hand again, the asshole tells me "that's not a part #" WTF.gif I tell this lazy butt wipe to fire up the computer and I bet if he punches in the number he will get the mirror section. He refuses to enter in the number but reluctantly looks up the mirrors and orders what I tell him to order.

Now just a reminder here, I no longer own a shop so I'm a full tilt retail customer. No whole pricing, full top of the scale metric pricing. The dip wad never made more money for his dealership owner by percentage than he made on that sale. But he was going to refuse to order the part and got real cocky when I insisted he do his job and look the thing up.

Guess what, I picked up the correct mirror from the dip stick today. Talk about pulling teeth!
charliew
The parts counter people I am using lately in the auto parts field other than the old chevy guys I have known forever can just barely use the computer and the make model motor tranny 4wd 2wd fwd 1/2ton 3/4 ton gas diesel is what they ask to get woke up and ready to try to listen to what you really want.

There are many people that have been put in positions that require listening that can't do just that.

When I bought my car trailer it was owned by a car dealer that bought two in OK. He used mine to haul both of them to TX. He bent the one he sold me at the ball hitch (it was twisted, I wanted a bulldog hitch anyway) and the metal floor had the paint screwed up where they laid four car tires on it to set the other trailer on top of it. I guess the paint was green. Anyway it had a vin # and a title. When I went to register it they said they wanted to collect the tax on the 2grand I paid for the trailer and that the car lot didn't have a liscense to sell the trailer so I couldn't buy it. Also the car lot owed sales tax also for some reason even though he bought it in OK.

I went back a week later a registered it as a home built trailer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.