Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 73 roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
GeorgeRud
I found a 914 on the Chicago Craigslist, and went to see it today. It's being sold by a longtime PCA member that also races, and it's quite a solid 73 chassis with 5 bolt 7x16 Fuchs, fiberglass flares, and appears to be quite rust free (rare in these parts). The car had a 6 cylinder installed, and he has the 914-6 mount and headers. Aluminum front crossmember with vented rotors all around. No engine, transmission or oil tank. It also has Corbeau seats, though the interior panels and dash are fairly rough. The car is painted a bright yellow (looks like Porsche Speed Yellow) with yellow bumpers, valences, etc (holy Miami Vice look!). It would be a great solid base for a project.

If you have any interest, contact Jim Becker @630-420-7155 (home) or 630-388-8685. You can tell him that George gave you the information on the 914 world list, and he can send pics if you're interested. I'm not sure what he's asking for the car, but I think it was $1500.
sixaddict
This guy posted car on pelican and evaporated ....ie. failed to answer anyone as far as I can tell. IT was 1800 there. Same name. Everyone was asking for picss.
Strange deal.
TOT

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Apr 15 2009, 03:32 PM) *

I found a 914 on the Chicago Craigslist, and went to see it today. It's being sold by a longtime PCA member that also races, and it's quite a solid 73 chassis with 5 bolt 7x16 Fuchs, fiberglass flares, and appears to be quite rust free (rare in these parts). The car had a 6 cylinder installed, and he has the 914-6 mount and headers. Aluminum front crossmember with vented rotors all around. No engine, transmission or oil tank. It also has Corbeau seats, though the interior panels and dash are fairly rough. The car is painted a bright yellow (looks like Porsche Speed Yellow) with yellow bumpers, valences, etc (holy Miami Vice look!). It would be a great solid base for a project.

If you have any interest, contact Jim Becker @630-420-7155 (home) or 630-388-8685. You can tell him that George gave you the information on the 914 world list, and he can send pics if you're interested. I'm not sure what he's asking for the car, but I think it was $1500.

GeorgeRud
Don't know what the problem would have been, Jim's actually a very standup guy, but I don't think he does much with the internet. He also likes to go to his lake house and spend time with the grandkids.

I was thinking of using the car for a LT1 conversion, but simply don't have the time or energy to do so right now.
GeorgeRud
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.