Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally after 25 yrs ! "Rust Free Car"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I got a call from my brother about a month ago saying he had found a car for me. I called the guy and set up a meet next time I was home. We played phone tag a couple of times and I looked at the car for about 5 minutes on the way to my mothers. I said $500 and went on. I did not do a close inspection because it was in primer black. Car was loaded with crap and in the back of the garage.

Well, Monday he called and said the $500 was okay. Eight hours and 500 miles later I made it home. I started pulling the crap out and low and behold the floor pan were intact. 2 drain holes punched but solid. I checked under the front hood seal not a spot of rust. Front latch area has a little damage but not rusted. So I opened the engine compartment and to my supprise the battery tray and hell hole only have surface rust. Whoa! Next stop the rear trunk. Surface rust only but not in the corner edge. I checked the body for damage and could not find any. Usual dings etc but very clean.

Pictures later today.
Gint
Grats Mark. But we gotta have pics...
mtndawg
How am I supposed to be excited with no pics.
johnnie5
Congratulations... maybe you should buy a lottery ticket!!! biggrin.gif

Oh, and, of course...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
markb
Yeah, I agree, you can't start braggin' to us unless you got the pics to back it up.

Post 'em, please.
736conver
Nice score. I paid $900 for a rust free bare chasiss with no parts.
But

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
914Sixer
More pictures:
914Sixer
Last 2 pictures for now:
SGB
At first I wasn't stunned- but I see now. Thats dang near rust-free as I've seen. A little blasting and done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.