Full Version: GPR has 2 prepaid entries to the WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
How sholud they do it?
VOX
raffle? or could just give me one =D
roadster fan
Hmmm,

How about first two customers to buy 914 parts from them, or first two wanna be participants from out of state, or whoever gets em has to plaster GPR stickers all over their cars for the weekend.......or I will take one and you can refund my registration fees biggrin.gif

Jim
roadster fan
Hey new idea,

I think I saw that Ed Morrow is coming from back east. He and his wife have traveled out the the left coast many times for these events IIRC. I would give one to him with a GPR T-shirt and let him promote.

Jim
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Apr 16 2009, 02:59 PM) *

Hey new idea,

I think I saw that Ed Morrow is coming from back east. He and his wife have traveled out the the left coast many times for these events IIRC. I would give one to him with a GPR T-shirt and let him promote.

Jim

HMMMMM I'll be in on Monday to pick up a clutch kit maybe I can beg for one personally!
Joe Bob
Hairiest butt.....
jimtab
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Apr 16 2009, 02:59 PM) *

Hey new idea,

Jim

Great idea, I say give 'em to Ed and Jen and then make Ed buy all the beer....or bring honey or something....looking forward to seeing them, and the rest of "youse" at the WC R....28 days to go.....
lotus_65
worst hard-luck story about rebuilding a 914.

i'll dig up my threads here and win hands down! biggrin.gif

headbang.gif

icon8.gif stromberg.gif
sww914
Random drawing, like a raffle.
6freak
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 17 2009, 09:06 AM) *

Random drawing, like a raffle.

That would be the best way ....Raffle has my vote..it gives everyone a fair shot at a free ticket
markb
I'm thinking it should be someone who has not already paid.
6freak
there your tickets so its your call.Imo..If nothing else can i have a t-shirt ...LMAO i will wear it proudly smile.gif
Joe Bob
I'd love to go...and I promise to keep my pants up.....
sww914
How about you give them to whoever has the most orders in a given amount of time? I'll start ordering a complete engine one washer at a time.
markb
I'm still waiting for good suggestions on how to give them away.
The only real requirement I can think of is that they can't have already paid.
Help me out here gang.
CliffBraun
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 18 2009, 04:24 PM) *

I'm still waiting for good suggestions on how to give them away.
The only real requirement I can think of is that they can't have already paid.
Help me out here gang.

Raffle is the fair option, limit entrants to people who aren't currently going.

Steve's idea also kinda works, except I'd do it with money spent.

You could also give them to the dude who just bought alignment shims. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Well I wasn't planning on going and I can bring the wife and kids, stash them at Momz in Lancaster....plus I clean up gud. bs.gif
sww914
Don't like raffle?
How about an egg toss? A gunny sack race? A dart contest? A hole-in-one contest? A boat race? Arm wrestling? A slingshot target contest? Hide and go seek? Whoever can chew the biggest wad of gum? Poker? Paintball? Sob stories? Snowboard race? Camel washing contest? Ironman competition? Singing contest? Water balloon fight? Dwarf tossing? Video game contest? Soccer game? A rally? A cheerleading competition? A goldfish swallowing contest? A tattoo comparison? Monopoly? Grocery bagging race? A pie making competition. A rat show?
One of these- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1-1Aikt3U
???
dw914er
are you guys going?

raffle would be a good idea
6freak
wheel and tire change compatition ....put a car on jack stand give them a star wrench and a torque wrench and a set of wheels and tires and see who can change all four the fastest ..and they must be torqued proper at the end ...I won $100 bucks at the Portland Parade in 2006 do`n it
Sleepin
I am sure Joe Sharp would know if someone really wanted to go, but honestly couldn't afford it. Maybe one of these people could swing it with some tickets.
JoeSharp
There are a bunch of people that said they would like to come and have not registered.
markb
Pick the first 2 that have already contacted you & give them to them.
dw914er
Mark, are you guys going?
markb
I've paid & made my reservations, but my ex is trying to take me to court that Monday (she knows I want to go to this). If my lawyer can change the date, I'll be at the WCR.

Jonathan & Ian won't be able to go this year.
dw914er
Ahh, I see.

crazy ex wives ruining the fun sad.gif

hopefully I'll see you there
Joe Bob
Paging Cousin Guido, please pick up the white courtesy phone....
PeeGreen 914
I would like to go but I just don't know if I can financially swing it this year. I am looking into it. I fly for free so if I thumb a ride I may be able to do this for no cost.
dw914er
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 20 2009, 09:37 PM) *

I would like to go but I just don't know if I can financially swing it this year. I am looking into it. I fly for free so if I thumb a ride I may be able to do this for no cost.

you should come Jon smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 20 2009, 02:51 PM) *

There are a bunch of people that said they would like to come and have not registered.

That would be me ... biggrin.gif

I need to get that out of the way tomorrow.
I'm coming, i promise!
driving.gif Andy
CliffBraun
I honestly know nothing about it, where/when is it? I've been trying to hit up every autox I can and am eating into my food budget. Right weekend and I might support the scholarship style idea. Not that I'd qualify given my car....
dw914er
cliff... its in 24 days

the monday is a track day which is included in the 94.00 fee.... thats food, tee shirt, and a track day for the entire weekend.... Cliff, you should go.Its such a good deal, especially since it includes the track day.

its near irvine,, then goes to lancatse for the street of willow

and, see you there Andy smile.gif
CliffBraun
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 20 2009, 11:59 PM) *

cliff... its in 24 days

the monday is a track day which is included in the 94.00 fee.... thats food, tee shirt, and a track day for the entire weekend.... Cliff, you should go.Its such a good deal, especially since it includes the track day.

its near irvine,, then goes to lancatse for the street of willow

and, see you there Andy smile.gif

may 15thish? Something about school and such.

Oh! I also have an autox school with my mommy the 16th
dw914er
its May 15th to may 18th... the track day is the 18th (which is monday, which is a cal poly school day, but we can play hookie for a day to get a cheap track day in)
CliffBraun
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 21 2009, 12:06 AM) *

its May 15th to may 18th... the track day is the 18th (which is monday, which is a cal poly school day, but we can play hookie for a day to get a cheap track day in)

Kinda lame, I can't afford it and missing a monday would completely destroy me, I have nine and a half hours of class mondays, including my plastics lab.
sww914
The track rental rates are much lower on a weekday, that's why it's so cheap. Cheap? when I started with the POC 10 years ago a weekend at the streets was $100.00 for the 2 days.
But that was 10 years ago. I was 20 lbs lighter 10 years ago too.
dw914er
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 24 2009, 10:51 PM) *

The track rental rates are much lower on a weekday, that's why it's so cheap. Cheap? when I started with the POC 10 years ago a weekend at the streets was $100.00 for the 2 days.
But that was 10 years ago. I was 20 lbs lighter 10 years ago too.

good point, and biggrin.gif

are you coming to WCR steve?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.