Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 2.0 Phoenix Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Bogaat
This is cut/paste from the add I will be placing on other sites, etc. I will likely throw it on Ebay in a week or two...

Well, here it is. I thought I would drive this car forever, but I have an opportunity to start a new business and I need the funds. I have put a great deal of TLC into this car being a Porsche/VW fanatic for over 20 years. This is a beautiful 1974 Porsche 914 2.0L w/ appearance group (Fuch alloy wheels, anti-sway bar, fog lights, and center console with gauges). It is the original Phoenix Red in color (looks deep orange). Everything is stock minus an electronic point replacement, stereo upgrade (the original radio/speakers are included) and stainless fuel lines to replace the plastic ones in the tunnel. It currently has 64900 original miles on the speedometer. I have no data on the first owner, but it was purchased from them in 1983 by an enthusiast in Indiana. The title records 56k miles as of June 1988. This owner left the car to his son at some point in the early 1990’s. It was stored in a barn and rarely driven. It sat there until the owner decided the car should go to someone who would take care of the car, which is where I come in. I purchased the car in May 2007. The car was in exceptional original condition, but needed some help to meet my standards…
Here are the highlights:
• Full engine rebuild at 61k to stock specs. New Bursch muffler, clutch, injectors, etc. Adrian at http://www.headflowmaster.com/ did all of the reconditioning on the heads. I have only used Brad Penn oil. No leaks and runs strong.
• Repainted all of car minus the front trunk (that paint was good). The body required very little work as it is/was very straight. The only damage found after prep was a small dent in the front hood (likely fixed by first owner). I had this corrected and the car professionally painted (single stage). I would give the paint and body a 9.5->9.8 out of 10. It looks really good in person.
• Powder coated bumpers, engine tin, grills, fuel tank and wiper arms.
• New windshield with correct factory green tint
• Suspension is tight and car is very solid on the road
• New tires at 61k. The previous set only had 300 miles on them, but was over 10 years old!
• All fuel and vacuum hoses replaced.
• Replaced all of the seals that needed to be replaced…front targa seal, window scrapers, etc.
• New Optima red-top battery.
• Interior is original minus one seat cushion (it had a small tear). The dash has two minor cracks (see photos), but did not seem severe enough for a replacement. Overall, the interior is in fantastic shape.
• No rust in all of the right places. The longs looked factory fresh when I took the car apart for painting. The hell hole has a new tray and was repainted with the rest of the engine compartment. The pans are original and rock solid.
• Relocated new fuel pump to front of car (see photos),
• Wheels restored by Al Reed via http://www.magrowheels.com/ in FL.
Much more went into the car than what is listed above. It has been stored in my humidity controlled garage since completion in Nov 2007.
The only remaining items on my “to-do” list include: finding a squeak under the dash and fine tuning the shift plate. It currently shifts fine, but I feel it can be better (all bushings have been replaced).
I will include all documentation, manuals and random pieces/parts/tools .
Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping. I am located in Charleston, SC (with local access to a port if needed).

Feel free to email shawn.ransford@gmail.com with any questions. I will be happy to talk on the phone if email discussion proves inadequate.
Photos here…
Photos

Asking $13,900
Bogaat
Click to view attachment
Bogaat
Click to view attachment
Bogaat
Click to view attachment
Bogaat
Click to view attachment
6freak
Clean little ride ..looks nice ..good luck with the sale
Bogaat
ttt
Price tweaked smile.gif
Bogaat
Shift adjustment taken care of beerchug.gif
Bogaat
Off to Ebay! Wish me luck beer3.gif
jerome3.2
Hi,
Good luck for ebay.
Is your reserve price similar to the price you wanted on this forum?
Bogaat
QUOTE(jerome3.2 @ May 30 2009, 01:05 PM) *

Hi,
Good luck for ebay.

Thanks! A little lower...have reserve at $12,500. Feel free to make an offer!
jerome3.2
QUOTE(Bogaat @ May 30 2009, 09:14 AM) *

QUOTE(jerome3.2 @ May 30 2009, 01:05 PM) *

Hi,
Good luck for ebay.

Thanks! A little lower...have reserve at $12,500. Feel free to make an offer!

Let's see what's happening on ebay because my budget is unfortunately below your reserve price
Bogaat
Sold!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.