Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Center gauge console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ric birks
Looking for a nice center console. Replacing the cut down A/C console unit in my car with a stock hight unit. Dont need the gauges. Any help will be welcomed. Thanks in advance, Ric.
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(ric birks @ Apr 17 2009, 10:11 PM) *

Looking for a nice center console. Replacing the cut down A/C console unit in my car with a stock hight unit. Dont need the gauges. Any help will be welcomed. Thanks in advance, Ric.

Ric, are you going to sell your cut down console? What are asking for it? I might be interested if it is cheap. John
detoxcowboy

You can make your own!! I have made 3 this version is for my personal set up but have made basic as well as a blank. You can get German Vinyl 1 yard will do it. Plywood, Hardware Etc.. I even Hand Stitched myself.. I had A.C. version too. All the center consoles out there are tired even the good ones.. 30 year old vinyl and plywwod does not hold up but I am sure there are "concourse ones out there" but most look out of place old in a new interior environment.. scuffs, tears, cig burns, loose or peeling stiching, cheap hardware.. etc.. Cracked wood hidden behind the vinyl..
megfourfun
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Apr 18 2009, 11:15 AM) *

You can make your own!! I have made 3 this version is for my personal set up but have made basic as well as a blank. You can get German Vinyl 1 yard will do it. Plywood, Hardware Etc.. I even Hand Stitched myself.. I had A.C. version too. All the center consoles out there are tired even the good ones.. 30 year old vinyl and plywwod does not hold up but I am sure there are "concourse ones out there" but most look out of place old in a new interior environment.. scuffs, tears, cig burns, loose or peeling stiching, cheap hardware.. etc.. Cracked wood hidden behind the vinyl..

I know you can buy them from AA with no center gauges but they will cost you. I noticed you said you hand stitched yours^. I need to redo the vinyl on mine but it looks like it was somehow heat sealed around the edges...any ideas on this?
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(megfourfun @ Apr 18 2009, 06:24 PM) *

I know you can buy them from AA with no center gauges but they will cost you. I noticed you said you hand stitched yours^. I need to redo the vinyl on mine but it looks like it was somehow heat sealed around the edges...any ideas on this?

If your talking about the factory stitching it is my belief that the flatten the seem in a rolling press.. hard to do at home .. but if you realize function over form and can live without being concourse perfect then you can have a pretty nice interior with a little effort and thought.. does my console look bad?? I made it in my driveway.. AA's version you could build better yourself.. trust me stromberg.gif headbang.gif
megfourfun
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Apr 19 2009, 07:01 PM) *

If your talking about the factory stitching it is my belief that the flatten the seem in a rolling press.. hard to do at home .. but if you realize function over form and can live without being concourse perfect then you can have a pretty nice interior with a little effort and thought.. does my console look bad?? I made it in my driveway.. AA's version you could build better yourself.. trust me stromberg.gif headbang.gif

I actually like the stitched look of yours but dont think im up to it. My sowing in the past has come out pretty bad... I think the main difficult part are those rounded corners.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(megfourfun @ Apr 20 2009, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Apr 19 2009, 07:01 PM) *

I am not a seamstress, just trace it inside out , follow the line.. turn it right side out when done, push the wood in tightly.. it is only thread and needle so adding some stitiching or pulling some out is no big deal.. just don't let you wife see you or you'll be making curtains this summer..

I actually like the stitched look of yours but dont think im up to it. My sowing in the past has come out pretty bad... I think the main difficult part are those rounded corners.

detoxcowboy
I am not a seamstress, just trace it inside out , follow the line.. turn it right side out when done, push the wood in tightly.. it is only thread and needle so adding some stitiching or pulling some out is no big deal.. just don't let you wife see you or you'll be making curtains this summer..

megfourfun
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:15 AM) *

lol...sounds good. Ill start looking for a place to get the vinyl.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(megfourfun @ Apr 21 2009, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Apr 21 2009, 08:15 AM) *

lol...sounds good. Ill start looking for a place to get the vinyl.

I used porsche 911 exterior grade leatherette, but there is more choices than that at pelican parts search all porsche.. vinyl.
stutghaus
QUOTE(ric birks @ Apr 18 2009, 01:11 AM) *

I have a center console FS (L&R side pieces, center shifter piece with one cigarette burn about the size of an eraser on a wooden pencil and the unique center console defroster lever) at $225.

Bill
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(stutghaus @ Apr 22 2009, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ric birks @ Apr 18 2009, 01:11 AM) *

I have a center console FS (L&R side pieces, center shifter piece with one cigarette burn about the size of an eraser on a wooden pencil and the unique center console defroster lever) at $225.

Bill

I built mine for 75.00.. confused24.gif
Beamer13
I have for sale, a stock style Center Console. I had bought it thinking that I would add it to my teener, but ended up going a different direction. Anyway, it is the stock style (3 guage) console. The side closest to the driver has been rubbed through the vinyl and padding, and the passenger side has a crack in the vinyl. ( When I was going to put it in I fould vinyl fairly cheap at wal-mart in the fabric department) It has the switch for the rear defrost as well. $160 obo
ric birks
QUOTE(Beamer13 @ Apr 22 2009, 09:20 PM) *

I have for sale, a stock style Center Console. I had bought it thinking that I would add it to my teener, but ended up going a different direction. Anyway, it is the stock style (3 guage) console. The side closest to the driver has been rubbed through the vinyl and padding, and the passenger side has a crack in the vinyl. ( When I was going to put it in I fould vinyl fairly cheap at wal-mart in the fabric department) It has the switch for the rear defrost as well. $160 obo

rexer
I am looking for a cut down AC console. Are you looking to sell that?

Paul

edrotol

Have one for sale on e-bay 9.5 out of 10 out of Winchester, MA Assembly, gauges, wiring harness. PM if interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.