Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The PIG is back!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
Yep, I'm back as your moderator.

Hopefully, and I think so, all of my familial problems, as well as my funk have gone away. Maybe it's the warmer weather. Maybe it's spending a couple of hours in the warmer weather tinkering with both Porsches today. Maybe it's knowing that my best bud gets his 914 back tomorrow, after nearly 2 years.

Whatever it was, there's an old sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie - no, wait, wrong movie (48 Hours)!

So, this Forum is going to be moderated again. And, we are going to stick to originality first, and concours secondarily.

I plan on totally rebuilding the nailed section, and am open to suggestions.

Yeah, I'm hot for 914's again.

YoMo
Pat
smontanaro
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 18 2009, 08:31 PM) *
Yeah, I'm hot for 914's again.

Watch out, ladies...

tod914
Didn't realized you left! Welcome back and thanks for sharing your knowledge with us all.
MDG
Good on ya' Pat!

so is the pig in your avatar Sahara Beige?
dcheek
Pat,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! For coming to your senses. I knew you couldn't divorce yourself completely of the Porsche experience. Like I've said, just getting an occasional "fix" by going to a Porsche event gets the old juices flowing again, along with the usual right of spring by getting the car back on the road.

Speaking of events........
Yesterday, the Northern NJ Porsche region had a restoration and preservation workshop at Paterek Brothers in Chatham NJ. I got to talk to Tod and see what a fantastic job he has done so far on his 914. I suggested that he go the full judging route at the Zone One Concours, by the way he has detailed the most annoying areas, like the front trunk around the gas tank, and his engine compartment........wow! Just pops when you open the lid with all the clean and shiny silver paint. Nice job Tod. And he's thinking of selling it???

Anyway, seeing all the Porsches and people got me back into the swing of things.

Pat, you are valuable asset to the 914 community. Your absence would definitely leave a hole in the originality/concours segment of our hobby. Glad you're back!

Dave
tod914
Appreciate your help and insight Dave. Took your advice and ordered a set of Boge oil shocks and struts today from George.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dcheek @ Apr 20 2009, 05:03 PM) *

Pat,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! For coming to your senses. I knew you couldn't divorce yourself completely of the Porsche experience. Like I've said, just getting an occasional "fix" by going to a Porsche event gets the old juices flowing again, along with the usual right of spring by getting the car back on the road.

Speaking of events........
Yesterday, the Northern NJ Porsche region had a restoration and preservation workshop at Paterek Brothers in Chatham NJ. I got to talk to Tod and see what a fantastic job he has done so far on his 914. I suggested that he go the full judging route at the Zone One Concours, by the way he has detailed the most annoying areas, like the front trunk around the gas tank, and his engine compartment........wow! Just pops when you open the lid with all the clean and shiny silver paint. Nice job Tod. And he's thinking of selling it???

Anyway, seeing all the Porsches and people got me back into the swing of things.

Pat, you are valuable asset to the 914 community. Your absence would definitely leave a hole in the originality/concours segment of our hobby. Glad you're back!

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for thanking! I've had some ordeals in the last 18 months & all but oneare history - still can't see worth a shit!

Whatever, I've learned to deal with it.

Yep, I'm renewed. Starting again on the 914 (911 has to wait). Need loltsa little rubber parts. Expect George will come up with them.

Touch road for the last 15 months, but now I can concentrate on my only child - the 914.

Thanks for having me back.
Pat
dcheek
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 20 2009, 03:26 PM) *

Appreciate your help and insight Dave. Took your advice and ordered a set of Boge oil shocks and struts today from George.

Who will you have do the install, Eurotire?
tod914
I contacted Ray Mital's friend, Rory. He's a retired P mechanic. Did the reseal on the motor for me. I left him a message, than will likely take to Eurotire for the alignment. He's located in Paramus. I can pass along his number if your interested. He has 2 914-6's.
dcheek
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 20 2009, 08:08 PM) *

I contacted Ray Mital's friend, Rory. He's a retired P mechanic. Did the reseal on the motor for me. I left him a message, than will likely take to Eurotire for the alignment. He's located in Paramus. I can pass along his number if your interested. He has 2 914-6's.

Does he have a shop or work out of his house?

Dave
tod914
Out of his house. He has a lift in there. Really nice guy.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 20 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Good on ya' Pat!

so is the pig in your avatar Sahara Beige?

Actually, no.

It's the color of Truffeljager, without the dotted lines.
MDG
Nice!

Click to view attachment

I am sincerely glad you have taken up post again, Pat. For all the experts out there, and there are some great ones on this site, few can claim to have known their car since day one.

The point of reference you bring to this forum is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

m.

Love that pig!
sixnotfour
Pats back. 914 pig
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 26 2009, 05:48 AM) *

Nice!

Click to view attachment

I am sincerely glad you have taken up post again, Pat. For all the experts out there, and there are some great ones on this site, few can claim to have known their car since day one.

The point of reference you bring to this forum is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

m.

Love that pig!

Tun Sie Sie wünschen Trüffeln mit diesem Gewinsel! (translation: Do you want some truffles with that whine?" I think. Andy could undoubtedly do better.

Nice model! Really nice. Where'd it come from?
Pat
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 26 2009, 10:36 AM) *

Pats back. 914 pig

I LOVE your 914. Maybe just a little too light, but the spirit is there!

Pat
MDG
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 26 2009, 08:40 PM) *

Pat

Not a model - that's the real deal photographed at Rennsport III at Daytona.

And yes, or I should say Ja!, I could go for some truffles actually! chowtime.gif

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(MDG @ Apr 26 2009, 08:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 26 2009, 08:40 PM) *

Pat

Not a model - that's the real deal photographed at Rennsport III at Daytona.

And yes, or I should say Ja!, I could go for some truffles actually! chowtime.gif

Click to view attachment

Sorry....for some reason the pic looks out of scale. Mea Culpa & power to the the PIG. Can't believe they let it get wet! But, way too cool!
Pat
MDG
It's funny because now you've mentioned it, the first pic on the wet track does look like a scale model. There's an entire series of shots taken at Daytona that year with the PIG and a bunch of others.

The Pink Pig and the Hippie car were my two favourite paint schemes from that era.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Pat, Glad to have you back in the saddle again. Any truth to the rumor that your Avatar started the Swine Flu?

T.C.

Here is a model of the Pink Pig, a Hand-built made in France

Click to view attachment

carr914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 21 2009, 12:08 AM) *

I think that would be Rory Gallagher, he posts here as rgalla9146

T.C.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 28 2009, 10:10 AM) *

Pat, Glad to have you back in the saddle again. Any truth to the rumor that your Avatar started the Swine Flu?

T.C.

Here is a model of the Pink Pig, a Hand-built made in France

Click to view attachment

No, I don't think it's me - haven't been to Mexico in 16 years. Do they still paint Donkeys with Zebra stripes in Tijuana? Do they still stry to sell rotted fruit in carts? Do the kids still try to sell chicklets & fancy lace? Do the women in the back bars still do things with/to donkeys? Is there still raw sewage running in channels on the streets?

That's why I haven't been back. Talk about third world countries!

Nevertheless, doesn't belong here - just venting. Pardon me.
Pat
Johny Blackstain
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.