Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do cookie cutters fit 914's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zeke
They're so cheap, I wondered about them as track wheels. I need 15 x 7 with 4 7/8" backset.
djm914-6
mskala will know which exact rims fit. He's running a nice polished set on his /6. I've seen several people run 15x7s with no problem unless you go overboard on the rubber. I'm running 16x6&7 with 205 front and 225 rear. I went way overboard fro a narrow car.
mskala
I have the 6" ones. They fit fine, have 35mm offset. If I read the
fuzzy chart right, the 7" cookie cutters have the 23mm offset which
won't usually fit without fender or trailing arm mods.

Mark S.
'70 914-6
campbellcj
I have 15x7" cookies with 205/50 rubber. Rear fender lips are rolled & pulled; no mods up front.

There may have been different versions of the cookies for 911's vs water-pumpers; I could check the p/n on mine if it would help.
mskala
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Mar 31 2003, 12:43 PM)
There may have been different versions of the cookies for 911's vs water-pumpers;

Nope, just one type of 6 and one type of 7.

BTW, campbellcj, thanks for buying up that oil tank off ebay,
I had just sent that link to a friend who was looking and
you cut him off at the pass fighting19.gif
Mark S.
'70 914-6
brant
Milt,

I've run both 6's and 7's over the years on my 914.
The 6's came as the downgraded wheel on 70 something 911's. Kinda replaced the 14inch fuchs, and fit great. Good offsett. Should fit a 205 on most cars.

The 7's all come from 944's. They have the wrong offsett really, but can work. More easily with a 205 than a 225. I run them with 225, but have hammer massaged fender wells.... A little more than just the baseball trick.

Mark/Chris,

what did the tank end up going for.
anybody got a link?

tia
brant
Bleyseng
I just put the 7x15 944 cookie cutters on my 76. They are from 84-85 944 w/4 -5/8ths backset which means you will have to roll the rear fenders some even with the 205's. I run the 6x15 6" Fuchs for street rims which fit without any rolling w/205's.

Geoff
campbellcj
I picked up the tank on the way home from work. The seller was 5 miles from my office and <2 miles from where I used to live (never met the guy before today, though). $400...NOS factory tank, p/n sticker still on it and perfectly preserved (stored indoors in SoCal w/ all openings capped-off). It was sitting in the guy's garage for many years.

He apparently had a 914-6 930 (!) conversion around 15 years ago. Typical story; spent boatloads of dough on it, ended up with sweet and scary-fast car with custom everything, got sick of it (or more likely, got married, LOL) and dumped it for pennies on the dollar. He did the 916 trans with external cooler, modified 930 axles, custom intercooler setup in the rear trunk, trick ignition, big flares, etc. A few extra parts lingered in dark corners of the garage ever since....woohoo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.