Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 2.0...Virtually rust free!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sEEkEr
1975 Porsche 914 2.0….Virtually rust free California car!!! $3900.00 or best offer. Car will also be available on Ebay tonight.

This is an amazingly unmolested 1975 2.0 914. Still has the cat converter necessary for California emissions. The exterior finish is good, shines up nicely, but does reflect the small nicks and bruises of a 30+-year-old car. The interior is very good, no rips or tears, and EVERYTHING WORKS!!! Horn, lights, turn signals, Alpine CD/MP3 player and cigar lighter!!!

According to the Cali emissions sticker, this car started as a 1.8, but somewhere along the line the PO has inserted a 2.0 with Dellorto carbs. Car starts easily, and after a few minutes of popping and snorting of the unchoked Dellorto's, runs great, pulls VERY strong, shifts like butter and sounds fantastic. The engine does not leak any oil. The battery box has been replaced but a small patch under it in the inner fender well has not been repaired. Also a repair to the rear trunk cross-member shows signs of surface rust and should be re-prepped. The pan, longitudinals, suspension points, behind the seats, and the rest of the hell hole show no sign of corrosion.

This car sat for some time before I could get to it. It has a new Sachs clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing, new oil change and filter, new trans fluid and a full tank of new gas. The brakes were sticking very badly having sat for so long, and I unhooked the emergency brake. Brakes still stick a little after the few miles I’ve driven it and should be thoroughly cleaned. Plastic seat pulls are broken and must be replaced. The driver’s side sailcloth is missing.

All in all the entire car is very sound and will make an excellent daily driver or basis for any race project you have in mind. I’m sure you’ll have further questions, please feel free to contact me at mede8er (at) yahoo.com and I’ll respond promptly. Thanks for looking!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

barada
Email sent

Phil
sEEkEr
Replied, Thanks
sEEkEr
Sale pending...Thanks!
barada
QUOTE(sEEkEr @ Apr 19 2009, 06:12 PM) *

Sale pending...Thanks!

:^(
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.