Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sometimes the Porsche god is good!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sleepin
See pics! I was pretty suprised when pulling the wheels off of the Chalon salvage car to find the full setup!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

santa_smiley.gif
Heeltoe914
Great buy and WOW nice setup.
736conver
SWEET. just those aluminum calipers are worth the purchase price.

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
MrKona
Nice score! What's the deal with the rear five lug set up? Drilled hubs, original five hubs?
Sleepin
QUOTE(MrKona @ Apr 19 2009, 04:33 PM) *

Nice score! What's the deal with the rear five lug set up? Drilled hubs, original five hubs?

Not sure on the rears yet myself, other than the bearings are gone. I am pretty happy....and I am sure Eric Shea will be happy as well! biggrin.gif
DBCooper
How sad. At one time that car was very well loved. Wonder how it all went pear shaped.
carr914
QUOTE(MrKona @ Apr 19 2009, 06:33 PM) *

They're vented, so it appears to me upgraded original 5 lug.

And yes those Aluminum front calipers was worth the purchase price by themselves

T.C.
SLITS
Since the set screws are in the rear rotors one would assume that the hubs are not redrilled unless the machinist indexed the hubs when drilled.

Nice SC front end. Now you can get into the argument about aluminum flexing under load. bs.gif

Way to go Eric.
davep
Looks nice. It appears to be a full 911S set of brakes, front and rear. There is enough green to be seen on the front struts to be Bilstein.
Sleepin
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 20 2009, 06:47 AM) *

Since the set screws are in the rear rotors one would assume that the hubs are not redrilled unless the machinist indexed the hubs when drilled.

Nice SC front end. Now you can get into the argument about aluminum flexing under load. bs.gif

Way to go Eric.

Thanks Ron!

This car was a proxy at best! Portions appear to be very well done, with no expense spared. Other parts of the car were really half assed. mad.gif

From what we can determine, someone made a real nice /6 5 lug Chalon out of it, then the car went to hell. A lot of poor cuts and poor fabrication for a V8. I am not a fan of Chalon's, but I had to cut the fenders off of this one because they are pretty well done, handmade steel flares. Someday someone will want them (I hope)!

Here is the car:
IPB Image

Now...which car to five lug.... blink.gif
SLITS
You can do them all ... I have an SC complete front end here, but not the "S" brakes ... Bilstein shocks too!

And I have trailing arms (redrilled) for 5 lug ... no rotors though.

Just send money ..................
Sleepin
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 20 2009, 01:12 PM) *

You can do them all ... I have an SC complete front end here, but not the "S" brakes ... Bilstein shocks too!

I am still trying to get the rear bumper offa your new purple car. You don't want to part with that do you?
SLITS
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 20 2009, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 20 2009, 01:12 PM) *

I am still trying to get the rear bumper offa your new purple car. You don't want to part with that do you?

Not as yet, but I may have another that is better ... just need to go thru the stock of 50 bumpers av-943.gif I have.

Oh, I would not be overly thrilled about shipping it either hissyfit.gif

I'll send you pics ...ph34r.gif
Sleepin
I will only bring my front to WCR then. Andy T. will be having them rechromed for me. So scratched...etc is ok. My spare rear blink.gif is just slightly beyond what I think is feasable for a repair and rechrome job.

Thanks Ron!
Sleepin
The good news continues, but in smaller portions... I went over to pull a set of Rivieras off of one of the cars I sold so I could have rollers on my project car. The guy that bought the car said he had some old VW wheels to put under it when I was ready to take the Rivieras. Get three on, and he rolls out the fourth replacement wheel...a nice looking Mahle.
"How much do you want for that wheel" I asked...."just throw another wheel on that car so it can roll if you want this wheel" he says.
So I picked up a spare Mahle wheel for free....just the right price! wink.gif

Lifting a Riviera in one hand and a Mahle in the other is a real eye opening experience. Those Rivieras are heavy!
dw914er
those mahle's are light wink.gif

nice score btw smile.gif
Sleepin
I have the Mahles on my '75 Ben. They are in need of refinishing, but I have been hesitant. Now that I have 6 of them, I can use the new spare one to practice my refinishing technique on.

Looks like the five lug setup will probably go on the '74 project car, as it more than likely will be a flared body.
Slider
Nice score Eric !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.