Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Almost done with my ITB 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
bam914
I have just a few little odds and ends to do before it is completed. Got scaled and aligned today. It weight 1830# without driver and 2 gallons of gas. It has to weight 2260# with driver. So I had to add 230# of lead to make weight. But it scaled out great. Big thanks go to Jake Raby, Len Hoffman & Bill @ Gotronix.com for the dash setup.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jsayre914
Wow

that looks like a spaceship with wheels

drooley.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
looks good
Jake Raby
Clean... No clutter... No bullshit that it doesn't need!

Glad to help, Blake! Now lets get some numbers on Tuesday on the chassis dyno!
Joe Ricard
Cool looking car. All steel? 1830 is great and that is alot of tubes in the cage!!!

Hope mine with lots of FG will be close to 1700.
bam914
All steel except for the front air dam. Headlights and motors too. My old street car was 1750# with FG bumpers and rockers, no sound deadening and no vents.
Chris Pincetich
What's left to do? Red pin-stripes? biggrin.gif
I am very curious about those custom lookin wheels. Black is my color too. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
That is one clean looking little car. Nice work Blake beerchug.gif
Randal

Very nice cage work. And a lot of work it was hey?

How is the motor coming? popcorn[1].gif
bam914
Thanks for the comments. The chassis dyno results are post on the other forum. It did well.
Jake Raby
Blake built one hell of a car!! The first outing was near mechanical perfection with just one hiccup that was easy to diagnose and treat..

The car looked damn good on the track! Blake did one hell of a job on this car! I can't wait to see what some seat time, a tad bit of tuning and a few bugs being worked out will bring!
bam914
This weekend at Roebling Road went about as smooth as a first weekend out with a new car can go. Which was very good. Saturday morning for qualifing was the first time the car turned a wheel on the race track. It had a slight over steer in a few corners which for the most part was adjusted out with a front swaybar adjustment. I qualified 2nd in my class out of 5. The first race went pretty well. I spun in oil in one corner and lost second place, which a few labs later I got back and finished 2nd.

Qualifing for the second race the car ran horrible. The EGT's were all over the place. I was able to qualify 3rd. Come to find out that the intake plenum had a few cracks in it. I got the plenum fixed and went out for the race. It ran great for the first half of the race and then it started to run bad again. I was able to hold on to 3rd.

Jake and I have a few ideas why it starts to run bad towards the end of the race. So some fuel line routing will be changed and lots of chassis dynoing in the future.

The car handle fairly well. I do think I need an LSD. The car just does not want to hook up in corners. It is very unstable. I also need a few more HP to stay up with the Mustang and the Celica. My fastest time for the weekend was a 1:26.0 which was 1.5 seconds off of the leaders who ran under the track record.

The two guys up front were very impressed with the first outing in the 914. They seemed a little nervous.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.