Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A little 914 gathering at my shop the other day.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This is a group pic of just ten of the cars that are here right now.
There are 4 more 914s (and a 912) hiding inside. smile.gif
Click to view attachment

The red ones:
Click to view attachment

and the white ones:
Click to view attachment

There are also two silver, one black, and one blue (in need of a paint job)
Inside are 3 race cars and a restoration project.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif too bad they weren't all YOURS !!! driving.gif
rick 918-S
drooley.gif Any more pics? drooley.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif yeah chris show off your work ..............you are in the spotlite......ray
jmill
I was looking at the sandwich picture you have there. I had a Spec Racer myself. I used to hate when they would have us race with the door slammers. You got a bum deal in that pic but 9 times out of 10 I'd get punted off the track.
ChrisFoley
This is an old pic of the silver car in the background.
I did the rear flares during a restoration/ 6 conversion almost 6 years ago.
Now the car is back for us to complete an upgrade project, with a 3.6 and Boxster brakes.
ChrisFoley
We built a Raby kit 2270 for the nice looking red car in the foreground of the second pic.
At the same time it got some longitudinal repair and an Engman Chassis Stiffening Kit.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The Rosso Scuderia colored car in the middle is being restored We did all the disassembly and metal work. Now its ready to go back together. The owner is still trying to decide what to do about the engine. It had a stock rebuild 40K miles ago, but has some oil leaks and smokes a bit.
Click to view attachment

The unpainted red car is getting a steel roof as part of its restoration.
Click to view attachment
Krieger
Is that a steel roof?
ChrisFoley
The white race car chassis is an F Production car, ground up rebuild.
Here's a closeup of part of the roll cage work.
ChrisFoley
We put a Raby 2316 and Wevo 915 trans in the silver GT flared car.
ChrisFoley
A year ago we did some metal repair and a partial engine teardown/rebuild on the nice white car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This year its back for some minor mechanical issues like non-functional fresh air fan, slow wiper mechanism, etc.
You would never know the car is a '76. The fiberglass bumpers are exquisite.

The other white car is my rat. Those of you going to Hershey should see it this weekend, but it hasn't been outside of CT in the ten or more years I've owned it.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif i love going down to get inspiration....guess we know where to spend our money......are you bringing extra ss lines to hershey....they are hot sellers.....ray
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jmill @ Apr 20 2009, 10:13 AM) *

I was looking at the sandwich picture you have there. I had a Spec Racer myself. I used to hate when they would have us race with the door slammers. You got a bum deal in that pic but 9 times out of 10 I'd get punted off the track.

I was in the pits at the end of the lap, with 4 rubbing fenders. mad.gif

In that incident the Spec Racer driver instigated the event by attempting to pass me with 4 wheels in the grass on the opening lap. When he returned to the pavement he locked up all 4 heading into Big Bend and hit me, which caused me to lock up the front end so I couldn't steer. The Rabbit driver had no idea I was unable to turn and he decided to turn in (a bit early by my reckoning). At the time I was less than a car length behind the car ahead of us so there was no opening for either car to get in front of me. The Spec driver was nowhere to be found after the race, and the Rabbit driver thought it was my fault until he saw the entire series of pictures taken by a professional photographer.

I rarely had a good time with Spec Racers on track in the same race group. Our division doesn't put us together anymore.
r_towle
I would have hammered the spec racer hard....
But that is just me....and I have been known to have a bit of a temper.

RIch
dgw
That sandwich picture is a pretty cool picture, glad I wasn't in one of the cars though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.