Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for fog lights, or...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
astronomerdave
what goes here?

Click to view attachment
6freak
Fog lite Grills ! but i see no fog lites ..Automobile Atlanta (AA)has them or ask around for a used pair
CliffBraun
What he said, I've considered doing brake cooling rather than fogs though.
6freak
If your at WCR09 i will sale you a used pair for 10 dollars ....so you better show up or i will sale them too the next guy for $5......LOL biggrin.gif
SLITS
If you're not going to use fog lights, you can get the solid bar ones.
astronomerdave
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 20 2009, 12:33 PM) *

yeah, I like that idea -- I didn't really want fog lights, I just didn't want those two big rectangular holes anymore. Thanks for the offer 6freak; any line on the solid grills?
balljoint
I removed the machine guns that Q had installed and went with the solid grills myself. smile.gif
6freak
QUOTE(astronomerdave @ Apr 20 2009, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 20 2009, 12:33 PM) *

yeah, I like that idea -- I didn't really want fog lights, I just didn't want those two big rectangular holes anymore. Thanks for the offer 6freak; any line on the solid grills?

first i ever heard about the solids ...so no to your ? best of luck ...O-yah Nice color
astronomerdave
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 20 2009, 01:46 PM) *

first i ever heard about the solids ...so no to your ? best of luck ...O-yah Nice color

reviving this again because I'm still looking.
OK, not *solid*, but like Balljoint's, above ... grills w/o the round hole for fog lights. Where can I get those?

And now that I see the nice closeup shot, where can I get a new rubber piece for over the bumper?

tnx,
--Dave
megfourfun
QUOTE(astronomerdave @ May 21 2009, 01:09 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 20 2009, 01:46 PM) *

reviving this again because I'm still looking.
OK, not *solid*, but like Balljoint's, above ... grills w/o the round hole for fog lights. Where can I get those?

And now that I see the nice closeup shot, where can I get a new rubber piece for over the bumper?

tnx,
--Dave

The rubber piece is NLA (no longer available), but I believe there is a member on here that does rubber and just did a run for the front. Check through the Classifieds.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(astronomerdave @ Apr 20 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Judging from the photo, you have a "plain Jane" 914-4 given the body matching bumper and absence of Targa wing covering material. Perhaps a '70-'71?

No fog lights were mounted behind solid bar grilles. Grilles were painted to match the bumper.
astronomerdave
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 21 2009, 07:15 AM) *

Judging from the photo, you have a "plain Jane" 914-4 given the body matching bumper and absence of Targa wing covering material. Perhaps a '70-'71?

No fog lights were mounted behind solid bar grilles. Grilles were painted to match the bumper.

Yeah, that's what I want, solid bar grilles painted to match the bumper.

Good guess on the car but it's a 72. The PO painted over everything hissyfit.gif removed the vinyl from the wings, painted over the chrome strips, chrome bumpers, everything. And, he didn't do a very good job. There's blue everywhere, still.

It was funny, he removed the front lic plate. (They're req'd in Calif.) Said he didn't believe in them. confused24.gif believe in? Nothing to believe in. I've been pulled over before, for driving an out-of-state car that didn't have one because that state didn't issue them. (I wasn't cited, of course.) He was so concerned about this stupid lic plate but didn't care about the giant gaping holes on either side of it?
edrotol
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(astronomerdave @ May 21 2009, 08:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ May 21 2009, 07:15 AM) *

Yeah, that's what I want, solid bar grilles painted to match the bumper.

Good guess on the car but it's a 72. The PO painted over everything hissyfit.gif removed the vinyl from the wings, painted over the chrome strips, chrome bumpers, everything. And, he didn't do a very good job. There's blue everywhere, still.

It was funny, he removed the front lic plate. (They're req'd in Calif.) Said he didn't believe in them. confused24.gif believe in? Nothing to believe in. I've been pulled over before, for driving an out-of-state car that didn't have one because that state didn't issue them. (I wasn't cited, of course.) He was so concerned about this stupid lic plate but didn't care about the giant gaping holes on either side of it?

I have solid bar grilles all slats intact with no breaks screw holes intact ready to be prepared primed and painted your choice or have it chromed. $75 shipped to CONUS only.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.