just rcvd it now

see image
VaccaRabite
I got it too.
Told the sender to FOAD.

Zach
jsayre914
hey jim, thanks for the heads up

my coworker got an actual check in the mail on friday, for 4800 dollars. from us bank it was an actuall check, claiming she won 250,000 in a sweepstakes through walmart, she called the number on it and an actuall woman answered and verified it was real, so i googled it to finf that 20 plus people got the same chech....scam.

so i called the woman and she had a different story, claimed she was not affiliated and that i had the wrong number, but her name and number were on the freakin paper

S C A M

anyway wach out for this one too.
bs.gif

ps. your box went out today jim
jimkelly
seems like i rcvd the spam hours after another member rcvd it - this thread is a dup - except for my screen print. thanks guys.
john grier
Just wondering?
How did they get our addresses!
jsayre914
QUOTE(john grier @ Apr 20 2009, 07:11 PM) *

Just wondering?
How did they get our addresses!

dry.gif dont ask dont tell...

right
confused24.gif
lotus_65
it's very unfortunate they can't stop this from happening.
Dr Evil
Shit, I got one too. I dont know how it can happen as I have tried to send multiple emails in the past and it made me wait 30sec or some BS between PMs dry.gif

Its like Herpes.
Bruce Hinds
I got one last week and another today. I thought it was all screwed up when I couldn't log in.....
Do I need to change my password since I tried to log in, do they now have it?
B
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I also have recieved 2 ,i checked there profile ,0 posts, recently joined. That

takes , some , pressure off The Club, but the guy needs to be blocked from

posting My 2 cents! dave slap.gif
rhodyguy
a name i don't recognize, a message titled "just for fun", does not even get opened. straight to the trash and deleted.
charliew
I got it also but because of the last one I didn't open this one. I think they sign up and look at the ones that reply a lot and just individually pm them.
SirAndy
QUOTE(charliew @ Apr 21 2009, 10:04 AM) *

I got it also but because of the last one I didn't open this one. I think they sign up and look at the ones that reply a lot and just individually pm them.

No. It's a exploit of the latest IPB software that allows a hacker to send mass mailings through the club board.

It's a known issue for the latest versions. One more reason why i'm not in a hurry to "upgrade" our forum software.
shades.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.