Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody know what these wheels are?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shade Tree
I'm going to look at this car on Wednesday to see if I want any parts off of it. I've not seen these wheels before....have you? Do you know what they're called? See anything you need?

IPB Image
siverson
> Do you know what they're called?

Not sure, but I can take a guess... "ugly"? smile.gif
Sleepin
I have seen a couple buses with those on.
Shade Tree
QUOTE(siverson @ Apr 20 2009, 03:17 PM) *

Is your pinkie finger longer than all of the others? I'm not trying to be an ass but.....I'm pretty sure that's what you are trying for. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
Get the VIN, paint code, chassis number and date code so we can add her to the "dead" list ...

sad.gif Andy
orange914
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Apr 20 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Is your pinkie finger longer than all of the others? I'm not trying to be an ass but.....I'm pretty sure that's what you are trying for. beerchug.gif

av-943.gif touche'

seriously they look like 69' toronado rims that mixed it up w/ a set of westerns
Shade Tree
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 20 2009, 04:12 PM) *

Get the VIN, paint code, chassis number and date code so we can add her to the "dead" list ...

sad.gif Andy

I will. From the description over the phone, the whole pan is gone. However, they still want $500 for the car! Golden rust, I guess. I'm just picking up the valences. The wheels may replace the steelies on my AX car....depending on price.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 20 2009, 03:29 PM) *

I have seen a couple buses with those on.

No, you haven't. Busses have a 5 bolt pattern (same as Mercedes of the era) and 914s have a 4 bolt pattern. The Cap'n
turboturtle
They look like Toyota wheels. I thought they only came in 13'' & 14'' wheels. I had a set on an early 80's Toyota Corolla. If those are fifteens, my guess is they came on the first gen. Supra. Check the back side for a "TEQ" mark.
Bob
turboturtle
Not the best pic. A little different center cap. I hope it makes it.Click to view attachment
McMark
Kinda looks like James Hogue's garage... idea.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(turboturtle @ Apr 20 2009, 05:41 PM) *

Not the best pic. A little different center cap. I hope it makes it.Click to view attachment

HAAA! Good eye. Thanks.
PanelBilly

I was thinking the same thing, but I was going to put a "buut" in from of the name.

And is there a good reason to spend $500 here?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 20 2009, 06:47 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing, but I was going to put a "buut" in from of the name.

Sure there is IF.... that chrome front bumper is an early one that is not all dented and rusted, the dash is decent, steering is leather wrapped, and and and..... smile.gif
Shade Tree
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 20 2009, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 20 2009, 06:47 PM) *

Sure there is IF.... that chrome front bumper is an early one that is not all dented and rusted, the dash is decent, steering is leather wrapped, and and and..... smile.gif

I'm not actually planning on buying the car. I'm just going to buy some parts from it. Hopefully the front valence and bumper are ok. I might buy the transaxle and engine too.
Mikey914
The wheels are VW. I know another car that has them on too. Not my thing, but to each thier own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.