Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 280 Hp Subie Almost ready!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budman5201
Just Ripped out my ej25 N/A, it was fun! (180 hp), now going with the 280 Turbo! Engine Is in via Renegade kit. (their kit is SOOO nice!) Now the wiring etc of the Computer and exhaust fab! I am wondering what 280 feels like.....although i am taking my time... smile.gif
jimkelly
for a narrow body - i think that is perfect hp : ))

as an extra bonus - with sub - you get good gas milage too

be careful around turns and make sure your brakes are good.

jmill
blink.gif Is that an A/C compressor in there. I bet a black car in AZ could use that.

Does the deal you made with the girlfriend expire? It's odd you not selling cars every other month.
charliew
Flop the alt over in the ps spot and reverse the intake? They make a wedge that angles the tb up some.

Does the turbo hit the trunk floor? will you need to shorten the uppipe and lower the turbo?

It will be interesting to see how the tranny does and the rear tires.
budman5201
QUOTE(jmill @ Apr 21 2009, 07:55 AM) *

blink.gif Is that an A/C compressor in there. I bet a black car in AZ could use that.

Does the deal you made with the girlfriend expire? It's odd you not selling cars every other month.

Yep thats the one, i got a REALLY nice fitting Underdash unit from HOTROD air...same as this one in the pic. $299 is great for this one. NEW! My evaporator in front is the same size as the radiator core, so it should be freezing inside after i am done. I still cant figure out where to put my water/ air intercooler heat exchangers up front. I dont want anything else in front of the radiator...maybe dual units just under the front air dam with holes nicely cut out so they get flow.......(trans coolers that normally bolt down the frame rails on trucks looks like a possibility.....

Oh no with Renegade kit, the manifold clears, and i made my own uppipe...Just clears the rear engine sheet metal, fits NICE! Wish i could post pics, but i cant cuz renegades' engine cradle is right next to it. They have a strict picture policy, and they were cool to me so i am sticking to it.

The evap photo wouldnt attach, guess 4meg is too big for here....its on HOTrodair.com and its the underdash saver, fits nice

YEah i'll let you know how my new tires hold up, they probably are a little thin.

Oh yeah John, well that GIrlfriend is bye bye, she had a few too many issues. smile.gif but yep keeping the deal, working on one car though!
G Man
Is that the control module sitting on top of the engine? Is the control module something that is included in teh Renegade kit? IF it is included is it pre programmed? I am researching info for a possible 914 project and would like to use the same engine as you went with.
budman5201
QUOTE(G Man @ Mar 11 2010, 11:35 AM) *

Is that the control module sitting on top of the engine? Is the control module something that is included in teh Renegade kit? IF it is included is it pre programmed? I am researching info for a possible 914 project and would like to use the same engine as you went with.

nope that used to be my ignitor for my coil packs. I switched to 2005 ignitor on the coil on the plug style. Much cleaner install and no box on top of engine.

My engine might be for sale soon, i am doing a 6 cylinder subaru 3.0 N/A with Delta Cams soon....

MoveQik
Damn, too bad you didn't have it done in time for Route 66 this weekend! 280hp? That is nutz! beerchug.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Mar 11 2010, 10:52 PM) *

QUOTE(G Man @ Mar 11 2010, 11:35 AM) *

nope that used to be my ignitor for my coil packs. I switched to 2005 ignitor on the coil on the plug style. Much cleaner install and no box on top of engine.

My engine might be for sale soon, i am doing a 6 cylinder subaru 3.0 N/A with Delta Cams soon....

So, since you have done different engine combinations. How do they compare? Is there one you prefer over another? 2.5NA, 2.0 Turbo. I am curious how they compare.

-- brett

(This was also posted in the other thread on this car.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.