Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: she's painted woohoo !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfuerst911sc
My GT clone took a big step forward over the weekend as she is now painted! I went over to the painters house after work and it was starting to get dark but I snapped 3 quick pics. I should get the car back next week and will get better pics. We painted it the original Berber Yellow L11D. Enjoy piratenanner.gif
So.Cal.914
Ooooooooooo. smile.gif
URY914
NICE!
barada
Looks great amazing the diffence under lights verus under the sun, much brighter!!
Heeltoe914
Cool nice color
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(barada @ Apr 21 2009, 04:51 PM) *

Looks great amazing the diffence under lights verus under the sun, much brighter!!

It's funny when I was looking at the car in the booth under all the flourescent light I didn't see any difference but the camera sure does. The outside pic of the rear trunk lid is an accurate picture of the real color. I'm so excited I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif
carr914
Congrats Rick, Now you get to start putting it all back together.

T.C.
slow914
That is the peak man, its all downhill from here. Looks great
pete-stevers
lookin mighty fine! piratenanner.gif
Randal

Beautiful!
Lou W
Very Nice, more pictures please beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
Looks good. Do you have the parts lined up?
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 21 2009, 05:42 PM) *

T.C.

TC no kidding I've got parts all over the place ! I brought home the targa top,headlight eye brows and then engine lid and I had to store them in the guest bedroom because the garage is packed. I think I've reached the wifes tolerance level for car part storage smile.gif I still have a long journey to put everything back together but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll update pics as I get her together.
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 21 2009, 06:07 PM) *

Yes I pretty much have all the parts to put her back together. I have to purchase the steel braided lines for my front mounted cooler I think that's my biggest expense left. Plus I have a new windshield on hold at a local glass shop but first I have to install new dash vinyl. My goal is to get all the weather stripping installed and the glass so she's weather tight, until then the car is going to be taking up the wifes parking spot in the garage...................that won't last too long blink.gif Then install engine/tranny. And on and on and on biggrin.gif Goal is to have her running this year.
carr914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Apr 21 2009, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 21 2009, 05:42 PM) *

T.C.

TC no kidding I've got parts all over the place ! I brought home the targa top,headlight eye brows and then engine lid and I had to store them in the guest bedroom because the garage is packed. I think I've reached the wifes tolerance level for car part storage smile.gif I still have a long journey to put everything back together but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll update pics as I get her together.

You think you've got parts all over the place. I've run out of closets and starting putting stuff under the beds. I've got parts for 914-6 #673 and I just bought 914-6 #1724 with tons of parts. And I've got the Steel-Roof in the Garage that needs to be sold.

Misery loves company.

T.C.
Spoke
Looks beautiful. Plus yellow is the fastest color.
9146FAN
Looks great. Congratulations!
championgt1
Nice color!
MikeSpraggi
Has it been wet sanded? Looks real nice! BTW, is your oil cooler being mounted on the inside or outside of the front trunk?
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Apr 21 2009, 08:08 PM) *

Has it been wet sanded? Looks real nice! BTW, is your oil cooler being mounted on the inside or outside of the front trunk?

No none of those pics has the car or rear trunk been wet sanded or buffed. That's just the clear as it was sprayed. Your question on the oil cooler I'm going against common wisdom and mounting the oil cooler on the outside of the tub. If you do a search on my name rfuerst911sc you'll see some pics of what I'm doing. I'm using a Mercedes Benz diesel oil cooler made by Behr. It's a good size not too big but should keep my 3.0 cool. I started to modify the front valance to fit the cooler. The cooler will have aprox. 4 inches behind it so air flow won't be an issue. I'm going to box it in with metal and if my skills allow it then the final product should look similiar to a 911 RS/RSR front oil cooler opening.
watsonrx13
Looks great... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
charliew
I would recommend buffing it while it's at the painter so he can fix any problems that might show up. Or if you are happy the way it is don't buff it. It will be way easier to repair while it's apart.
TJB/914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Apr 21 2009, 06:17 PM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 21 2009, 06:07 PM) *

Yes I pretty much have all the parts to put her back together. I have to purchase the steel braided lines for my front mounted cooler I think that's my biggest expense left. Plus I have a new windshield on hold at a local glass shop but first I have to install new dash vinyl. My goal is to get all the weather stripping installed and the glass so she's weather tight, until then the car is going to be taking up the wifes parking spot in the garage...................that won't last too long blink.gif Then install engine/tranny. And on and on and on biggrin.gif Goal is to have her running this year.

Wow, beautiful paint job. I also feel your pain with parts storage, I know the feeling, but once you get the big chunky stuff installed space issues go away. I have a philosophy about parts, do not collect heavy metal stuff, collect only small expensive parts that's easy to store. One small expensive part can buy a ton of metal stuff. rolleyes.gif

Really great looking project & workmanship. I love yellow 914's.

Tom
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(charliew @ Apr 22 2009, 05:22 PM) *

I would recommend buffing it while it's at the painter so he can fix any problems that might show up. Or if you are happy the way it is don't buff it. It will be way easier to repair while it's apart.

Yep that's what is happening. Car is being assembled ( doors,trunk lids ) and then the " cut and buff " will happen this weekend. When I was there the other day the painter said " can you find the run " ? I looked the car over for 15 minutes and found nothing. He then showed me the run, one tiny spot on the door pillar. I just looked at him and said are you kidding ? That's it? He said don't worry it will be gone when you pick it up. Fantastic workmanship. Most Porsche owners would not have used my " regular guy " painter but he took so much care in the prep of the car I can't believe it. My 911SC is in very good shape but she's going to look like a junkyard dog next to the 914 biggrin.gif
bcheney

It's very exciting to see that car come together...I can't wait to come over and have a closer look at it. Talk to you soon!
klink
Uhm....that looks really nice! smilie_pokal.gif
kconway
Nice... smilie_pokal.gif what are the detals behind that rear spoiler? Can you take additional photos of the spoiler? I'd like to see what it looks like from beneath, trunk lid in open position.

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.