Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lower tins, thermostat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fitzm1
The consensus from the forum is that you must have the engine tins with the flaps installed and in the open position. It is also preferable to have the thermostat installed and working to get the engine up to temp. Does the thermostat work when the lower tins (air guides) are missing?
My thermostat works on the stove but doesn't seem to get hot enough to open when the engine is running.
How many of you have these lower tins installed?
Where can I get a set of these?
Thanks
Mike
Joe Ricard
You are talking about the warm air guides? I used to have them till I switched to the Tangerine EVO header.
I think you may not have something connected right. My bellows and flps still work correctly.
Katmanken
Better have the ones that hug under the cylinders or you will be looking for a new engine...
fitzm1
Those are the ones. I'll check it again. Maybe I can find some at AA

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Apr 21 2009, 05:57 PM) *

You are talking about the warm air guides? I used to have them till I switched to the Tangerine EVO header.
I think you may not have something connected right. My bellows and flps still work correctly.

Katmanken
Jake may sell them. If I recall correctly, he modifies type 1 under cylinder air guides.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.