Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender well liners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
I went to lunch with my mechanic yesterday, he asked me if I ever saw any liners for the fender wells, I told him no, but a company is selling them on ebay for $200.00.

He looks at me a says that he has a full set he's been hiding for a while, told me they were mine for $75.00

SOLD,,, I had a good day...... clap56.gif

I'll take some pictures before and after
F4i
Trace them out before you install them. Sell us the patterns cheap. They should pay for themselves quickly.
jim912928
yes yes yes....trace them and pics before and after with instructions! lol
StratPlayer
Ok trace them I will do, any prefered material that I should trace them on? Once there traced who's gonna produce em? Pictures will be taken as soon as he digs em out for me...
StratPlayer
Picture of the liners,, got the pic off of ebay
F4i
Traced on paper would be fine for me. They look like they are a mirror image of each other so one of each front and rear would work. I can make a couple of sets if interested. Poster board would work too. If you had access and the inclination. They could be traced on normal sheets of paper and then scaned. If the sheets were indexed to each other with a mark people could print there own. Let me know if I can help.
jim912928
I'm in!
type47
here's another one interested
ThinAir
Me too! Me too!

So how do you attach them? The picture looks like there a little clips on the ends.
STL914
Partswerks is the manufacturer/seller of the liners on eBay. Their ad mentions that factory mounting hardware for the valances and I believe rockers are used to attach these. They even show an instruction sheet.
Doug73/2.0
Count me in if you make a tracing. I could easily help to digitize your trace so anyone with access to a drafting size printer could print it out. Either Autocad would work or if we saved it as a full scale giff. wink.gif

I like the $75 price, $200 seemed way to high to me when I looked on ebay.
Cheers
Doug
Gint
PM sent
914werke
$75 is what I offerd as well ....
nein14
Add my name to the list , I 'll take a set.
Engman
I can reproduce them as templates (From cad) and reproduce them as well.

M
GaroldShaffer
I'm in! I could use a set.
SpecialK
There you go! If they are done in CAD just copy the pattern onto a 3.5"floppy. They're easy/cheap to mail, and the recipient can take the disk to Kinko's and have them run a set out on their plotter. aktion035.gif
Chris914n6
I was going to add that I had a plotter... but I guess it doesn't matter anymore wink.gif

Chris
StratPlayer
I put a bug in his ear today to dig them out so I can get them traced. We'll see how long it takes for him to dig them out....... givemebeer.gif
Mark Henry
Strat...Let me know if this is a go.

If you can't do it I will, but for now I'll hold off, as you have dibs on this venture.
StratPlayer
Mark, I'm only going to get the traces out to who wants them or whoever wants to try to produce these things if they have the means.

I will be sure you get a copy of the traced liners. Also close up shots of the mounting tabs that are on them.
SpecialK
Strat,

I can CAD (AutoCad) them babies as well, then stick them on a 3.5" and send them out to who ever wants a set. But if Chris914n6 has a plotter and wants take on the project, that'd be great too!

I definitely want a set of those templates beer.gif
MartyYeoman
Include me also. I have been looking for a set of these for awhile now.
It seems to me that downloading would be more efficient than mailing floppies.
This looks like a job for a waterjet machine.
Acad and plotting is available here also.
cha914
Just curious,

But how do these attach? I just made basically a fender liner to cover my exposed oil lines the other day. Took me about 10min with some tin snips and thin guage alum...I just riveted one side to the inside of the wheel well and the other side is held in place by the fender lip...

not hard at all for even the average joe to figure out...although I am sure most wont want to drill and rivet their cars...

Tony
scottb
i would be up for a set if'n these come to pass. besides, partswerks has decided that someone should pay them a lot of money for these......

fender liners on the bay....
Mark Henry
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Mar 22 2004, 04:11 PM)
Mark, I'm only going to get the traces out to who wants them or whoever wants to try to produce these things if they have the means.

They would be real easy to make these, as they're just cheap plastic sheet (ABS I think) and a couple of bent steel brackets. I think you just drill 2 small holes in the fender lips and screw them in.

I was thinking of reproducing them (to sell) but I'm swamped with work right now.
markb
Include me for a set.
StratPlayer
So now that the company that was selling these in no longer in business. I thought it might be time to rehash this thread and see if these can now finally be produced and sold to the community.
faster48
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 1 2006, 01:57 PM) *

So now that the company that was selling these in no longer in business. I thought it might be time to rehash this thread and see if these can now finally be produced and sold to the community.

I would definately be interested...
MartyYeoman
I thought this idea was good then and still do.
Are template dimensions available now?
I can help.
StratPlayer
Marty unforunately the liners I used for templates are on the car, Mr. Engman has the traces that I sent. He was the only one that I sent the traces to. I'm hoping he will give a shout here. If not I would get in touch with him for the tracings.
neo914-6
your fender thread rehashed here too

anyone care to step up?
toon1
I'd be in for a set. wavey.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.