Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 L-Jet Stalled, wouldn't start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MBowman325
Title pretty much says it all. I think I've got a small leak from the VC on the driver's side from the valve adjustment (2 weeks ago).

Didn't read hot, no indicator lights on. It did start after about 2 hours, but stalled became uncooperative in the drive-through of a bank I do sub contract work for in front of all the cute (younger) tellers.

I'll TS it later. Have an unusual higher pitched noise that I don't recognize. Since it cranked I'll assume that perhaps I was missing fuel, as air was there.

All assumptions on my part at the moment.

All assumptions welcome that don't overtly belong in the sandbox. (They're welcome to me still, but rules is rules)

Recent work prior to the valve adjustments were fuel line replacement at the front along with filter. Very faint scent of gas popped up in the past week.

Starter was replaced a few months after purchase with a mini starter from e-bay. (so approaching 2.8 years ago)

I'm gonna go sit outside with a glass of tea and unwind while gazing into the night sky, sitting with my dog, and dodging any C135 variants that might be lifting from Tinker. smile.gif
underthetire
Fuel lines backwards? Are you sucking off the return side maybe????
MBowman325
I wouldn't think so, but it's possible. (It's been ~5 weeks since I did the fuel lines). I tried to ensure that I didn't do that, but would think that if I had I'd have seen issues prior to now.

After that 2 hour sitting, it fired up after cranking only a second or two. Later that night when I finally left the bank it fired right up and drove home without incident.

Plan on poking around tonight after I get some other stuff done. It's finally the perfect time of the year and I'd hate to miss driving it.
underthetire
Valves too tight? Staying open with heat?
Just brain banging here. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.