Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally removed side valences removed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
While waiting for fuel lines to arrive (pulled my tank) I decided I would finally pull the side valences or "longs covers" and windsheild trim in order to address the rust repairs. This is the real estate I inherited........
Click to view attachment

I was expecting the worst but check it out.........
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Minor surface rust and it's the same around the windsheild frame!!!!!!!!! I'ma happy, happy guy.
SirAndy
That's not bad at all!

Every time i take the car to the car wash, i make the point of hitting the backside of the covers with a powerwasher.
shades.gif Andy
MBowman325
It amazed me the rocks and stuff that fell outta mine, but man, a Dr. Pepper can?!? smile.gif

Glad yours wasn't bad. I wound up with a rusted through spot on the jack support and a pea sized hole on the passenger side at the angle up along with the minor surface rust.
Mueller
all most enough to warrant a new corner balance or alignment smile.gif
Allan
Nice.

It's amazing how much debris gets stored behind the panels.

I never re-installed the rivets back in mine. I would occasionally pull them off and clean the area when I washed the car. If I wasn't going to pull them during a wash I'd just tape over the holes until I was done.
tod914
Towns should invest in 914's for street sweepers. Amazing how much they collect. Nice a solid under there smile.gif
Grelber
Mine was full of dry dog food that the rats had stored.
r_towle
If you go to the hardware store and get a bunch of 1/4 inch thick rubber washers and put them between the bottom of the cover and the long...using longer screws, when you shoot a hose in there, the rocks and dirt now have a way to get out of there...

Rich
76-914
They look a little better after a good cleaning and a por15 treatment. Except for the rust in the battery tray area and windsheild area, all the rust I have dealt with thus far is the result of someone painting over some minor surface rust. Is there a name for people that do this? How about "painthole"?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.