Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line diameter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhd914
HI, can anyone tell me what the internal diameter of the original fuel lines on a 4 cyl car are? My fuel lines were changed many years ago for copper, but that is not really legal here and I want to change them for steel. Hence I would like to know the factory diameters.
Thanks
Geoff. smile.gif
Katmanken
A close size match works OK.

Over here we use .375 inch od for the big line and .3125 inch od tube for the small line.

That works out to an outer diameter of about 9.5mm for the big line and about 8 mm for the small line. Not sure what the wall thickness is to get the inner diameter but remember the original is thicker wall plastic. The thickness of the copper line or a metal brake line is probablya good number to use.

I used metal tubing from a place that made customhydraulic lines for trucks. Truck is on the highway, a line breaks, and these guys make a replacement. The trucks have lots of air lines, fuel lines, brake lines, and hydraulic lines in sizes that will work.

Ken
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rhd914 @ Apr 23 2009, 06:25 AM) *

HI, can anyone tell me what the internal diameter of the original fuel lines on a 4 cyl car are? My fuel lines were changed many years ago for copper, but that is not really legal here and I want to change them for steel. Hence I would like to know the factory diameters.
Thanks
Geoff. smile.gif

I can ship my stainless replacement lines to Australia via USPS for $29 over the website price.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 23 2009, 07:31 AM) *

I can ship my stainless replacement lines to Australia via USPS for $29 over the website price.

thumb3d.gif

I've got Chris's stainless steel lines in my car and they're top notch.
driving.gif Andy
rhd914
Thanks for the offer on the stainless, but the car is right hand drive and the fuel tank has been changed to accomodate the the pedals protruding into the area below the fuel tank.

I will go looking for the pipes in tohose diameters.
Thanks
Geoff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.