Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triple weber banjo fittings leaking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jt914-6
My banjo fittings and float valve covers are leaking fuel. I've used new gaskets, but still have leaks. Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this? I've sanded the filter bodys with emery cloth and still leaks. Afraid to over tighten the banjo bolts. Would a suitable gasket compound be ok to seal these areas?
jt914-6
Found some fiber washers for the banjo's and some for the float covers. No leaks now. Have never had that problem before...........Thanks anyway.....
PeeGreen 914
I have seen the banjo fittings crack before. Guess that's not your issue since you fixed it but the next time you may need to look there if you see fuel again.
GeorgeRud
If they get too bad, PMO does have an assembly that replaces the banjos, and has provisions for either push on or AN fittings for the fuel lines.

I've always had good luck with the gasket kits that PMO sells.
jt914-6
The carbs aren't that old. I'll check for cracks in the future. I've contacted PMO about the replacement fuel kits, but haven't heard back from them.....am interested in them.
70Sixter
I noticed PMO is for sale according to an ad in Excellence or maybe Hemmings.

Maybe there is nobody answering the mail!?
GeorgeRud
Maybe Rich is getting tired! It was always best to fax him with your needs, then he would call you back when he could. Didn't waste as much time that way!

BTW, I didn't see one of his adds in the June Excellence!
smdubovsky
When I rebuilt my carbs I had a similar problem. Once the gaskets got wet and dried a few times they finally swelled/bonded to the metal and stopped. No leaking problems since.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.