Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crazy Price for a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
veltror
av-943.gif Crazy price for a racing 914
Cupomeat
do note that this price includes a BONUS accident body crumpling from the world famous Spa racecourse...
Pictures were taken prior to said accident, so be ready with your speculative imagination as to what shape of car you will really get.

The owner think 4-5k british pounds (sorry can't find the character) for repair...

Should I start a sign up list for those looking to buy this?

richardL
I know the owner of this car and I've seen it and been in it - its very nice and very well sorted.
Cupomeat
No doubt, I'd love to have that car, not that I can afford it.

BTW, how bad is the damage from the accident?
veltror
I may be nice and well sorted but 45k in real money, much too expensive...
carr914
Racing History = Crash @ Spa

Need Body work of "L4-5 grand" which means at least $15,000 in real money
Race engine rebuild = $15,000
Not a Real GT = not priceless

T.C.
Derek Seymour
So it's smashed up and needs $8,000.00 in body work and at least another $8,000.00 in engine work and he wants a bare minimum of $65,000.00 for it... ummm... yeah... ummm... blink.gif
type47
Didn't include VIN so we could verify the Factory GT racing history... mad.gif
drew365
Doesn't say it's a factory GT, says it's a factory 6. The original fuel tank is available, not included. I guess if you get him to throw in the fuel tank it'd be a steal. screwy.gif
Gustl
it's a factory 914-6, but definitely NOT a factory GT
it's an originally USA delivered car
VIN and engine number seem to match pretty well
the owner still knows, where the original tranny is - it could be bought on addtional cost (currently there's a 915 tranny installed)

bye1.gif Gustl
carr914
Still, minimum $65,000 for the car, $30,000 for the repairs, then you have to pay extra for the original parts is way too much.

T.C.
charliew
The add does say a lot of aluminum body parts.
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(charliew @ Apr 24 2009, 07:36 AM) *

The add does say a lot of aluminum body parts.

Those would be the crushed beer cans in the passenger footwell that he tossed in after getting wasted while sitting in his garage deciding that it was worth $65,000.

Oh wait he's British "pissed" not "wasted"... sorry biggrin.gif
carr914
lol-2.gif
Downunderman
That works out at about 112,000 pacific pesos down here, and it wouldn't be eligible for historic racing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.