Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
I posted this in the Paddock too, but I'd like to throw it out to everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a fiberglass repro of the spoiler on the Wayne Baker IMSA GTU car. The original is made from sheet aluminum, so I would clean up the metal joints and get rid of the rivets, but the overall shape would be the same. The Gurney on the rear would be a separate piece.

I'm doing one for myself and one for a customer, but if there is any interest I could make more permanent tooling and pop 'em out.

A slightly smaller version without the Gurney or the side fences might be easier to live with on the street...

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!
sixnotfour
more like this one ?
type47
Naw, I all ready got one biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Mugs914
REAR Jim.... Rear spoiler... shades.gif

biggrin.gif

(I've got one of thse too...)
Mugs914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 24 2009, 11:11 AM) *

more like this one ?

Yeah, sorta like that. The one on the Baker car is actually wedge-shaped rather than a flat sheet. Here are a couple of pics that give a better idea of the shape...
J P Stein
100 inches total.....50 sq in per side is the way I read the rule. Re-reading it ....verboten in XP but legal in EM.

The shape of the spoiler doesn't matter (as long as it doesn't act like a wing), the height above the body work is the determining factor.

Wings are legal in XP.....go figure....and you can have end plates..200 sq in...total area.

Hay, I didn't write this shit.

It's still a good lookin' spoiler. biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ Apr 25 2009, 01:26 PM) *

REAR Jim.... Rear spoiler... shades.gif

biggrin.gif

(I've got one of thse too...)

DOH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.