Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Better CV joint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Has anyone ever used the Tarrett Engineering CV joint and axle kit?

Looking for opinions on it's effectiveness.

http://www.tarett.com/items/914-products/h...axle-detail.htm
grantsfo
Wow they look nice
kyracedog
Look just like the Renegade Hybrids kit.
J P Stein
Ira makes nice stuff. If (when?) I ever break a CV, this looks like the hot ticket.
The prices are not bad.
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 24 2009, 04:47 PM) *

Ira makes nice stuff. If (when?) I ever break a CV, this looks like the hot ticket.
The prices are not bad.

Yea I know what my 944 CV joint conversion cost and it was way more than this option.

The best kept secret in 914 history! dry.gif
PeeGreen 914
They do look very nice but I just did the 944 CV conversion. It only cost me about $75 to do it since I had most everything just sitting on my shelf. I got the CVs for a part that broke and they gave me full credit for it.

I guess if I had to do it over this would be the way to go though.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 24 2009, 08:21 PM) *

Yea I know what my 944 CV joint conversion cost and it was way more than this option.

huh.gif confused24.gif
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2009, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 24 2009, 08:21 PM) *

huh.gif confused24.gif

The Tarrett offer.

I'll have to go back and re-read all those threads written by you and others, which did a great job explaining what was necessary using the 944 CV's, but I don't remember anyone pointing to the Tarrett offer.

Just the 911 output shafts and 911 5 lug hubs, or 914-6 hubs alone are big money, especially if you get them from one of the local parts guys, like Parts Heaven. OH, and the 911 stub axles.

Now if you knew what you needed, had time and found the bits at a swap meet for reasonable prices, you had great timing. I was between race weeks and unlucky in that regard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.