Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race Car & Trailer for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KenH
Please see

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=95024

Ken
McMark
dry.gif At least try to pretend that you're not just spamming the garage.
KenH
Humm… I thought 914 World was a place where 914 people could freely exchange ideas about 914s without have individuals muddy the waters with their sarcastic personal biases.
PeeGreen 914
We all own 914s. Don't we all have sarcastic personal biases? biggrin.gif

Very nice car and trailer combo. Wish I had some extra money laying around. Please post some pictures in this thread and tell a little about it. What class did you run? How did the car do?

Oh, and what brakes do you have on there that require a 23mm master? aktion035.gif
KenH
Ran in the local club classes.
The car was always competitive with other 914s it was just driver limited.
Laguna 1:57 Sears 2:00.

Put 23mm master cylinder in because I like feel of it. Front Carrera brakes would be OK with 19mm.

Ken

Click to view attachment
McMark
freely exchange ideas

Exactly what ideas are being exchanged in the phase "Please see"?

You're not presenting any ideas in this thread. You're just trying to get more people to see your ad (which my diatribe has only aided by bumping your thread to the top).

Now, if you have posted a thread which, for example, talked about how you got into 914s and build this great race car and hate to sell it, but have/want to. Blah blah blah. It would have the same effect of greater exposure, but would also benefit the general populace by giving them something mildly interesting to read.

But, anyway, here's your free bump. I hope it helps you sell your car. And if you don't want to hear what other people have to say, don't post. Posting comments is exactly the point of a public forum. Take the 'good' with the 'bad'.

rolleyes.gif
number6
Ken, are those deep sixes? (Not all 15x6 5-lug Fuchs are "deep six," no? Or are they?) Can you tell me what size tires you were running there, in the photo? I'm going back to 15s from 16s and really like the look/proportions of your setup. Thank you.

-duc
KenH
There are polite ways of expressing ones self - if I violated a 914 World rule just tell me that.

Ken

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 02:13 PM) *

freely exchange ideas

You're not presenting any ideas in this thread. You're just trying to get more people to see your ad (which my diatribe has only aided by bumping your thread to the top).

Now, if you have posted a thread which, for example, talked about how you got into 914s and build this great race car and hate to sell it, but have/want to. Blah blah blah. It would have the same effect of greater exposure, but would also benefit the general populace by giving them something mildly interesting to read.

But, anyway, here's your free bump. I hope it helps you sell your car. And if you don't want to hear what other people have to say, don't post. Posting comments is exactly the point of a public forum. Take the 'good' with the 'bad'.

rolleyes.gif

porschecb
We need a Classifieds section!

Oh wait we have one!

My Bad!
914rrr
popcorn[1].gif
greenie
QUOTE(KenH @ Apr 25 2009, 12:45 PM) *

There are polite ways of expressing ones self - if I violated a 914 World rule just tell me that.

Ken

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 25 2009, 02:13 PM) *

freely exchange ideas

rolleyes.gif

I agree with with KenH here... you having a bad day Mark? smile.gif

Free bump for a nice car & trailer. welcome.png
McMark
Booooooooooooo! tongue.gif lol-2.gif
KenH
QUOTE(number6 @ Apr 25 2009, 02:30 PM) *

Ken, are those deep sixes? (Not all 15x6 5-lug Fuchs are "deep six," no? Or are they?) Can you tell me what size tires you were running there, in the photo? I'm going back to 15s from 16s and really like the look/proportions of your setup. Thank you.

-duc

Not deep 6s as far as I know - never thought about it.
Tires Kumho V710 205 x 15.

Ken
pete-stevers
yup belongs in classifieds
but .....bump for a great deal on a neat little car and trailer
number6
QUOTE(KenH @ Apr 25 2009, 05:35 PM) *

QUOTE(number6 @ Apr 25 2009, 02:30 PM) *

-duc

Not deep 6s as far as I know - never thought about it.
Tires Kumho V710 205 x 15.

Ken

Thanks, Ken. 205/50?

-duc
Randal
Did you ever run those side panels on your trailer and if so did they help mileage?

Also what is the weight of that trailer?

Thanks.

KenH
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 26 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Did you ever run those side panels on your trailer and if so did they help mileage?

Thanks.

I never ran the side panels.

Trailer base weight is quoted to be 875#, tire rack & shield rack about 100# so probable less than 1000# overall.

Ken
Randal
QUOTE(KenH @ Apr 26 2009, 08:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 26 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Thanks.

I never ran the side panels.

Trailer base weight is quoted to be 875#, tire rack & shield rack about 100# so probable less than 1000# overall.

Ken

That is amazing. My steel trailer probably weighs twice that bare. Towing 1000# extra around does have an impact on gas mileage.

I'd also bet that those side covers would help gas mileage.

A guy that we met up at Hoopa that had a big semi truck air deflector bolted on the front of his trailer. He said his gas mileage went up 3-4 mph with it on.

J P Stein
Heh.....this is worth a bump.

Hay Randal, my truck gets about 12-13 mpg, trailer or no....
RJMII
Spam, definitely spam.

but I don't like spam!

I just had to comment, too. How else am I supposed to catch up with the 10% mark of Mr Bovey's post count?

Here's to hoping someone buys the car and trailer :cheers:
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 26 2009, 11:32 AM) *

Heh.....this is worth a bump.

Hay Randal, my truck gets about 12-13 mpg, trailer or no....

Yea, my burpan (454 cu) got 10mph towing or not. Nice ride but $$$$$$.

The diesel is a bit better at 15mph towing. But I'd bet with a big air deflector on the front of the trailer it'd be better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.