Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something Evil is coming to S. Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rubber Boa
We are starting this thread to see if there is entrust in a trans rebuild in Medford Or. the 12,13, 14th of June? At this time I'm trying to get the school to let me use the school auto lab (it has five lifts) (I'm the auto instructor) a fee to be determine is under way. My though is that some people could drive down and pull the trans and rebuild and drive it home.

I took part in one of these in San Jose two years ago and it was fun and the trans worked great.

Depending on the number of people and the cost of the lab. we are looking at 450.00 - 600.00 for the rebuild + parts. There will be no little kids to bring beer like last time, but that can happen later or during the day if we have the event it my house and shop.

I also have a friend in town that has an import parts and repair shop that can order and have parts waiting for you, if he dose not take part in the rebuild of his trans... you may want him to sencro you carbs. before driving home.

I shipped my trans by Gray Hound @ 80.00... lots thoughts and not a lot of time!

Evil and Boa

Mike Knox
I'd be very interested in this. I'm anticipating that when my 3.2 /6 hits the road, I'll be needing to rebuild my transmission at some point.

Why not it's about the only thing I haven't rebuilt on the car.

I'm in Ashland BTW.
PanelBilly
Are we rebuilding our own trans with supervision or are we handing it over to someone else and watching them?
jimkelly
experience has its rewards - you can have it done once by a balding expert - or do it yourself - maybe twice : ))
JRust
I am in Oregon & interested. I have been planning to send off my tranny to Evil for a rebuild. I have my "h" gear all ready to go. Let me know for sure if it's a go & I'm there. Thanks- Jamie
Dr Evil
The plan is that if I do not end up in a residency I will be doing my MPH on line over the next year and will have time to do clinics around the country. You bring your box and I teach you how to rebuild it. Rebuild with supervision and all of the Q & A you can think of. I need to find the tread to the last one we did in SJ two Febs ago.

Entrants will have unbridled, free access to my used parts stash. Any new parts, I can maybe get them at a discount.
Rubber Boa
The school lab is out of the question they are starting remodeling and no oneis to be in the area. I'm looking at my shop or Quality Import Parts shop.

More in the next few days
Todd Enlund
Highly unlikely that I'll be able to participate, but I'd be more than willing to fetch beer and hang out...
Rubber Boa
All are welcome to this event if working on a trans or not it is about the knowledge
you may have to hump tools or beer, depending on location. i would like to start getting a count of people that will be coming.........

t.ponzoha@charter.net

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.