Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good to have Spares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
Working late last night with the old wiring loom, I couldn't see which was the Black with Purple wire. So I guessed wrong. What is that smell? I actually got to see a small flame as the Pertronix when poof!
I have a stock distributor from the broken 2 liter I removed. I did get the car to start so I am getting close.
I am using a faucet rotary fuel pump up front to a Holly fuel pressure regulator. It is showing zero pressure and the carbs seem starved for gas. I am thinking I might need a better pump.
Too bad I have to clean the basement today... Oh well. This is what happens when you buy race tires. Quid Pro Quo I guess.
McMark
Oooh, Pertronix poof is no fun.
dinomium
smelled worse than Troy after a WCR Rum and Coke bindge...
dinomium
So the passenger side carb was popping really badly, so I did a bolt check. Just my luck, the center stud is just spinning there. Where to get a Time-sert set?
How deep is that hole? The insert kits come in either 11.7 or 14 mm. It looks like 11 to me.
headbang.gif
I am really loosing my oophm for working on this car. I know I did not over tighten the nut. Just pull the garage closed and not think about it till June, I geuss.
scotty
Wife: "What's in all those boxes in the garage?"

Me: "Another 914."

...can't have too many spares! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.