Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Idiots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
Well, I've finally put the Suicide Blond up for sale on ebay. Sad but true. So I get a message from someone, in Austin, who says they want to know more about the car.

The first thing that happens is he starts to berate me on my choices in changes for the car. I KNOW that making my transmission a side shift will make it less collectible, as will putting in a moveable passenger seat, leather interior, upgrading the engine to 2.7 liters and 200 hp, sport exhaust. Why did I need him to start off telling me these things?

Dude, do you want the car or not?

"I'm a cash buyer, interested in your car." Well, not really. You are an arrogant asshole with an attitude. He just wanted to show how smart wasn't.

I really liked how he told me that 914's don't have rear springs. And told me I know nothing about the car I've owned and worked on for the past 7 years confused24.gif

I wanted to hang up on him. But he hung up on me instead, so, whatever. WTF.gif

Oh, and he signed up for an ebay account, 10 days ago, and has never used ebay before...uh huh.

sheeplove.gif

BTW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/914-6-Origi...A1%7C240%3A1308

ConeDodger
James, Sorry to hear you are selling. Call the guy back and tell him to join here and direct him to the sub-club called the Asshat Association. Have him do a search for AHA Meeting. It sounds like he would be directed there in short order anyway! Good luck with your sale...
Red-Beard
screwy.gif

Dear sandiego914,

right you ruined this cars resale had you gone back all orriginal it would be worth more why didnt you do the engine I think your telling stories LOL stick dip

Yep, he was really interested in the car. And he's certainly an internet newbie...in his 50's, using things like LOL...

I guess I should be thankful I didn't post it on Craigslist!
PeeGreen 914
Sounds like the guy was an idiot. You would't want to sell your car to a guy like that ayway. beerchug.gif

Good luck selling your car.
Red-Beard
No. I wouldn't want HIM to have the blond and I wouldn't want to deal with him in a transaction.

I'm still shaking my head on the rear springs.
McMark
What a dork. rolleyes.gif No rear springs. Sheesh. "Thanks Genius!"

BTW, THIS is how you promote your sale. Nice little story to go with your link. If you're confused by what I'm talking about, see this thread.

And no, I'm absolutely not bitching at you James.
Red-Beard
I'm pretty upfront about the car. It is not, and never will be, a concours car. I had never planned to sell the car, and made the upgrades I wanted. And those window cranks on the early cars? WTH were they thinking.

Funny, about the only thing in good condition on the 1973 car (doner of the doors) were the doors. When Mike (Dr. Evil) and I had the sawzall party in his backyard in San Diego, it became appearent how bad that car was!

Actually, I had kept the blond original fairly, and really worked the tailshift 6 tranny to be as good as it could. And then I drove a well setup sideshift. No comparison. I did the conversion.

Yep, he's a douche-nozzle.

In my best soup nazi voice: "No 914 for you!"
jcambo7
WTF.gif Wow what a idiot. slap.gif I wish I had his knowledge on 914's blink.gif ... poke.gif huh.gif av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Dang, what is going on that you are selling the Blonde? I gotta call you if I ever get out of this hell hole dry.gif
Red-Beard
Well, it gets worse:

Dear sandiego914,

Your the one who told me that 914's have rear spings dip stick I have been in the Porsche business for well over 35 years and have rebuilt and restored well over 100 914's including building a 916 with 3.2 911 fuel injection ask me any question you want about 914's any year and I tell you every detail MR dip stick I had my own shop with 14 techs for 27 years OH also I am a registered Porsche tech and engine builder you can apologize any time DS the reasone you fell the way you do is because YOU tried to act like the pro who knew everything and you do NOT spings in the rear not unless you did a coil over conversion which has not been done so MR DS feel better about your self now LOL

Geez, I think he needs to look at Book 5, third page

RJMII
I don't see any springs? confused24.gif
Red-Beard
Notice, even the picture is of a 6!

Can you imagine those being the original tires?
RJMII
...35 years and 100 914's; and he's asking about rear springs instead of the hell-hole, longs, and jack points?

Does the nursing home know he's been playing on eBay?
Red-Beard
No, I found out he is right. 914s do not have 'spings'. I've never owned a 914 with spings, and I have owned 3 of them...
MDG
I heard a rumour, years ago, that during R&D on the 914 the factory did in fact consider using the rare sping suspension system.

Then they hired this guy to build the famous one-off 3.2 916.

what a maroon.
smontanaro
It's a miracle he didn't ask you what your reserve price was!
BKLA
Sounds like a kid getting his jollies. Had a similar verbal reparte' with a guy who turned out to be a 15yr old kid.

Ain't the internet grand?
turboturtle
I ain't the sharpest crayon in the box, but this has had me laughing all day. Thanks for sharing.

Interested in sharing his E-mail address or just paste page six and a link to this post. send it to him and ask again exactly what "SPINGS" look like.

Dude is probably pretty perturbed dealing with Tards like us.

Learn something new every day!
SirAndy
you do NOT spings in the rear not unless you did a coil over conversion

lol-2.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Apr 27 2009, 05:29 PM) *

Well, it gets worse:

Dear sandiego914,

Your the one who told me that 914's have rear spings dip stick I have been in the Porsche business for well over 35 years and have rebuilt and restored well over 100 914's including building a 916 with 3.2 911 fuel injection ask me any question you want about 914's any year and I tell you every detail MR dip stick I had my own shop with 14 techs for 27 years OH also I am a registered Porsche tech and engine builder you can apologize any time DS the reasone you fell the way you do is because YOU tried to act like the pro who knew everything and you do NOT spings in the rear not unless you did a coil over conversion which has not been done so MR DS feel better about your self now LOL

Geez, I think he needs to look at Book 5, third page

What's a spring dip stick? confused24.gif
mojorisen914
C'mon James,

Post his email addy. I could seriously have some fun with this guy. av-943.gif
MBowman325
Seems like my first 914 ('73 2.0) had a sping dipstick. I always thought it was a typo as it had a handy couple of bolts that held it inside the rear spring and would measure travel of the spring. Car sat kinda funny with only one though. My '75 doesn't have one on either side - sits kinda low...

That thing in the middle on #1 in the pic. Musta been an option for the Appearance package as that car had everything.

biggrin.gif
charliew
He could be a alcoholic with dementia and doesn't remember that the 914 has a different suspension to accomodate the mid engine and is the one that isn't a real porsche if he's been in a 911 hole for 35 years.
sww914
I have a set of very rare NOS 914 rear spings if anyone wants them. Should I post in the classifieds? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
seanery
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:39 PM) *

Should I post in the classifieds?

No, put 'em on eBay! wink.gif
jcambo7
Man...this guy is hilarious. If only we could all get his e mail address and just start rampaging his e mail about this. that would be some fun. idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
turboturtle
Damn it man, mine didn't come with a sping dipstick. Anyone got a spare to share.

I swear, If I laugh any harder someones going to hafta call an ambulance for me.
Slider
and for high performance applications i have just released a Progressive sping dip stick. for all models..one size fits all!
MDG
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 28 2009, 12:39 PM) *

I have a set of very rare NOS 914 rear spings if anyone wants them. Should I post in the classifieds? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Your post got me thinking so I went and checked both my cars; no luck on the '73 BUT for a minute I thought I had 'em on my 6 conversion.

No luck; mine turned out to be cheap Chinese Spoing knock-offs headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Rusty
point the clown to *this* thread... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.