mueba.gif
TonyAKAVW
Now if only my registration would make it in sad.gif
Sleepin
License plates?
JoeSharp
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Apr 27 2009, 06:19 PM) *

License plates?

Yes Eric, they make it easy to identify and vote for a car. We start the numbers with 900 and go up from there. Everybody including you will get one in their goody bag. Would you like to see a picture of one?
JoeSharp
Well just cause no one asked I'll post it anyway.
Can anyone tell me what it says and why?

IPB Image
McMark
I can. happy11.gif

They look very good from the back.
kconway
Howard's initals?
JoeSharp
O. K. so we got that but what does the J stand for?
euro911
That's easy ...

... his middle name? slap.gif

laugh.gif
Sleepin
Very cool! As for the J I can only guess.... Jenius? Jentleman? Jonathan? James?
SLITS
Jaschovich ... he was Druish ya know
JoeSharp
av-943.gif I know someone that nows. I would never have gusted in a million years.
6freak
I will put it up front ....can i have the #914
euro911
I was thinking it might be Jacoby unsure.gif ... but I guess we'll find out at the WCR popcorn[1].gif

As for plate # 914 idea.gif ... we've talked about it in committee - it may get raffled off to the highest bidder happy11.gif
6freak
maybe a revolving trophie for best in show .....That what i would like to do with the R.C car im gonna win ...LOL
dw914er
If Howard's family is there... maybe give the #914 plate to them for his contribution to the NARP/914 community smile.gif

or give it in a raffle

and J is for Jose? James? Jesus? John? Jacoby? Jehovah? Josh? Jason? Jeremiah? Jeremy? Julian? Jack? Jamal? Jim?
JoeSharp
Nice try Ben but no on all 14 of them. Howards plate is going to his family. The 914 plate and all the others (901, 904, 911 ect. ect.) will go up for auction.
dw914er
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 28 2009, 04:41 PM) *

Nice try Ben but no on all 14 of them. Howards plate is going to his family. The 914 plate and all the others (901, 904, 911 ect. ect.) will go up for auction.

damn.... 0 out of 14 sad.gif

I guess I'll find out at WCR
drew365
I'm going to guess Jerome.
JoeSharp
This question was answered in about 2 hours on NARP.
Julio
Grimstead
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 28 2009, 04:39 AM) *

Jaschovich ... he was Druish ya know

Funny, he didn't look Druish yoda.gif

He was such a good guy....
Joe Bob
I woulda guessed Jewboy....but then he woulda said...NO ya dumb greek...
JoeSharp
Howard was raised Jewish, turned Druish and then he started the Church of Our Lady of Mulholland.
So.Cal.914
I miss his humor...Some classic Howard:

INTEREST GEARS UP FOR PRECIOUS PIECE OF CRASHED ENZO FERRARI MAN PLANS VIEWING FOR ENZO FERRARI HOSE.

MALIBU - By the time Howard Dranow reached the crash site, the engine, cockpit and other big pieces of what had been a million-dollar Enzo FerrariFor the automobile named after this man, see .
Enzo Anselmo Ferrari (February 20, 1898 - August 14, 1988) was the founder of the Scuderia Ferrari Grand Prix motor racing team, and subsequently of the Ferrari car manufacturer.
..... Click the link for more information. had been towed away.

But Dranow, who lives nearby and had seen reports of the spectacular Pacific Coast Highway Pacific Coast Highway may refer to:
Pacific Coast Highway (United States), a segment of State Route 1 in California
Pacific Coast Highway (New Zealand), a 420 kilometre highway http://www.newzealand.
crash on TV and the Internet, found one souvenir: A hose he believes came from the cherry-red classic.

And testing the adage that one man's junk is another's treasure, he's offering the 14-inch-long piece of rubber on eBay. By Wednesday evening, the price had edged past $28, with more than 3,200 users visiting the Web site.

``It's a brand-new piece of hose and has an Italian nameNames in Italian are often directly derived from Latin ones. While in Latin there were nomen, prænomen, and cognomen, in Italian there are nome and cognome, the prænomen having been absorbed by the nome.
..... Click the link for more information. on it,'' said Dranow, 62, who plans to donate proceeds from the auction to Mothers Against Drunk DrivingMothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a nonprofit organization with more than 600 chapters nationwide. MADD seeks to find effective solutions to the problems of drunk driving and underage drinking, while also supporting those persons whose relatives and friends have been killed by drunk
..... Click the link for more information.. ``I'm pretty sure it's from this car, but I can't prove it.''

Authorities estimate the top-of-the-line machine - one of only 399 and named for Ferrari founder Enzo Ferrari - was traveling about 120 mph on Pacific Coast Highway before dawn Tuesday when it went out of control and smashed into a power pole power pole
Noun

Austral & NZ a pole carrying an overhead power line near Decker Canyon Road. The impact split the car in two and scattered Scattered

Used for listed equity securities. Unconcentrated buy or sell interest. debris for more than 1,000 feet, leaving only the cockpit intact.

When police arrived, they found Stefan Eriksson Bo Stefan M. Eriksson (born 14 December, 1961) is a Swedish criminal from Uppsala who was involved in the UK gaming company Gizmondo until it became insolvent in 2005. In 2006 he became known for wrecking an Enzo Ferrari in California. , 44, a former executive at a foundering Swedish electronics company, with a bloody nose.

Eriksson said he owned the car but had been riding in the passenger's seat, with a German he knew only as Dietrich behind the wheel. Eriksson said Dietrich fled after the crash, but police have not found him and have cast doubts about Eriksson's story.

``We're still investigating about the driver,'' Sheriff's Department Sgt. Philip Brooks said. ``We have to reinterview Mr. Eriksson, and that may not take place until next week.''

Meanwhile, the saga has become the talk of the week among car buffs The name Buffs can mean:
Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment), a British army unit
Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes
Buffs Company, a Rifle Company of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada that parades out of Dalton Armoury in Scarborough.
and those visiting the eBay site.

One eBay viewer said he wanted the hose because he was trying to build an Enzo in his garage, one piece at a time. Another signed a message as Dietrich, saying he'd crashed the Enzo in a plot to steal it from Eriksson.

Dranow has been caught up with the hype, and plans to give car buffs the chance to view the hose at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Starbucks counter in Albertsons in Westlake Village. At 11 a.m., he'll lead a caravan caravan, group of travelers or merchants banded together and organized for mutual assistance and defense while traveling through unsettled or hostile country. to the crash site for a moment of silence, and then to lunch at a Malibu restaurant.

``It could have been such a tragedy,'' he said. ``That time in the morning, there are joggers, there are bicycle riders. How this idiot did something like that is beyond me. But I've decided to do something humorous.

``If anyone shows up, great,'' Dranow said. ``If not, that's great, too.
drew365
Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
Ahhhh, a BLACK hose.....
jimtab
Damn....Howie DID have a big hose.....Julio, we hardly knew ya......
drew365
Hanging on the wall under the picture of Moby is a plaque from the POC, Streets of Willow event. That's how I met Howard, I was his instructor. I got in his car and there was a bottle of water in a holder. I told him the bottle had to go. He said he doesn't drive that fast and he gets thirsty on the track. I just smiled and made some mental notes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.