Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any CCCR PCA Memebers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Derek Seymour
I work out of an office next to the Paso Robles Airport. In fact it's the end cap on a row of hangers. Hardly any planes fly out of here ever. Mainly helicopters and CDF when there is a fire, but usually it's very very quiet.

I am wondering what would happen if a group of well polished ladies and gentleman approached the Airport Manager about leasing some space to run an A/X once a month or every other month. With our weather here you might be able to do it year round. Only July and August would be questionable due to heat.

I don't know what the usual lease/rental fee is but I imagine some extra income would be welcome.

I know in the past that they ran them in the front terminal/parking area, but I'm not sure if that is possible now with the new curbs and such.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, should I just forget about it and focus on DE's at Buttonwillow?
Randal
I say good for you guys! flag.gif

Talk to the GGR officers up here to find out how they get insurance, as that will be one of the first questions that will be asked.

Typical rates for a large site used to be $1,000, I think GGR is paying twice that for Alameda.. Someone like Dan Thompson, who visits this site, could confirm.

Actually Dan would be a good source of information for your quest.

How much space is available there?

Looks like there is a nice space over by the building shaped like an upside down L.

Click to view attachment
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 28 2009, 01:06 PM) *

How much space is available there?

Looks like there is a nice space over by the building shaped like an upside down L.

Click to view attachment

That is the spot I would like but I believe that is the CDF area, and with the move to make this the main CDF hub for this region it probably isn't doable. However if you find Taxiway D on the map you can see there is ample space at the end of the hangers. I believe that is the tie down rental area and it is pretty much vacant.
Optima publications shares our building with us and the owner knows the Airport manager well. They actually close one of the runways down for him to run Airport Day. RC Planes, CDF Tankers, Army Blackhawks, and Air Force F-18's are on hand that day for a fun community event. It was suggested I could run an A/X then since they already close off the runway and they will have ample space. My hope though is to get something going every other month so maybe Airport Day could be a trial run and we could take it from there.
Another option might be the Santa Maria airport because it is HUGE!!! I am going to research both.

Thanks for the information on who to contact in the GGR. smile.gif
Randal
(Santa Maria Airport) That area over by the go-kart (?) track looks to be 400-500 by 2000 feet or so. Wow. You could hold National Events there.

Not much action at the airport, so a bit of extra money might be well received.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.