Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT - You have a Porsche(s), right?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Pat Garvey
The point of this thread is to hear all voices.

Most of you have your favorite marques. I used to, until I experimented.

So, what do you/your loving other drive to work?

I appreciate those who drive 914's every day, but most of can't, for various reasons.

What I'd be curious to know, besides what you drive daily, is - did you but it or lease it? Would you buy one? (since leasing seems to be becoming a lost item).

Why do you drive what you drive? Would you buy one again?

Do you like it? Hate it?

Just curious.
Pat
Zundfolge
In addition to the 914, I have a 1993 Dodge Intrepid ES that is my daily driver.

Bought it because it was in excellent shape, cheap but fully loaded ... its a decent highway car but I really hate driving it around town. It has spoiled me a bit with its climate control system, nice stereo, leather seats and power everything.

Its got a little over 120k on it and we're looking around for a replacement ... not planning on getting another Intrepid (too effing big) and I would rather have a German car, not an American one (I'd settle for Japanese).

The wife's daily driver is a 1990 Nissan 240SX SE Coupe that she bought brand new and drove off the showroom floor in 1990. Its got a little over 80k on it and has been garaged and pampered its entire life. CONSTANTLY getting offers to buy from drift racers and riceboys biggrin.gif My wife won't get rid of that car until it dies and is hauled off to the junkyard (which based on how its run all these years should be about 150 years after she's died of old age).

Next car (and all cars in the future) will be bought with cash. I just can't stand the idea of acquiring interest bearing debt to pay for something that will depreciate.

If I had any say in it, my daily driver would be a BMW 2002* (or at least a 3 series) but I'm married, so I don't get to make these decisions tongue.gif

[EDIT] *Ooh, or an 88 BMW M5!
zymurgist
1994 Toyota Camry. Literally an old man's car... it used to belong to my dad. I'd rather have him around though.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Apr 28 2009, 07:01 PM) *

1994 Toyota Camry. Literally an old man's car... it used to belong to my dad. I'd rather have him around though.

I hear you!
bryanf
2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5sp. I love it--250hp, symmetrical AWD, all the creature comforts and bullet-proof, so far. I put on a JDM rear sway bar and good brake pads and now it feels like a sports sedan.

Bought it used...
dw914er
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

2003 Honda Integra (Acura RSX)

Dad bought it new as his dd, put on 115,000 miles on it, ive now got it to 147k since I've had it

I like the car alot... I've been modifying it and saving for coilovers and nicer rims and tires. I actually autocross this car more than the teener now since I just have it with me where the Porsche is at my parents house (in a warm garage).

Would I buy another? Yes, I want to get a type s eventually and use all the mod's I already have and put them on that car. (or get a subie STI or something faster)

IPB Image
IPB Image
This is the type s I want to get
Pat Garvey
This is why I brought this thread up. You don't/can't drive a Porsche every day. patricularly 914's.

For 30 years I never drove anything but a VW, Porsche or Audi. With trhe exception of the last VW, they sere all wonderful. The last (VW Passat) was a money pit! I only get stung once! Particularly when I put $8K into it over a year. Gave it to the Salvation Army & somehow they got a $2900 tax deduction for me - bless them!

Six years ago, after my first retirement, I tried my hand at selling cars. Sold Mercury/Lincoln product for a year - until I was drilled so badly by the used car manager, that I pushed him to the floor & quit. Before that. I had bought a Mercury Sable, with everything. It's boring, but the sound system is superb, and it hasn't cost me a penny in 6 years (oil changes. etc. otherwise). After 6 years it has 42K miles on it. I don't love it. I don't hate it. It works every morning for my 3 mile drive to work. I've occasionally driven my 914 & my 73 T to work, but they both suffer from such short drives. The Sable just soldiers on.

Say what you will about the old Sable/Taurus vehicles, but they were made to run forever. Bores me to death, but it works every day.
dw914er
You don't have to drive a Porsche every day... idk though, I get bored and upset driving a boring car... The honda isn't the fastest, but I can have alot of run with it, push it hard, and at 147k the only thing I have done to it (besides modify it) is the oil changes. Idk if I could survive on a boring car
john grier
Toyota
As a no or low maintance car for a daily driver.
They are bulliet proof.
I quit driveing my 88 celica last year after driveing it for 15 plus years do not know how many,
I got a 94 4runner as a replacement More metal around me but worse on gas.
Thinking of gonig back.
Brother drives a 97 Tacoma trd that he bought new twice, as he totaled the first
one.
Toyotas are great.
ArtechnikA
I hate Toyotas, so I am glad there are choices ;-)

The Lovely J loves her 3-liter flat-6 Subaru Outback. I liked her 2,5-liter Outback that I inherited when she uprated to the newer car.

After the demise of that car we replaced it with a Porsche Support Vehicle '05 Titan XE KingCab 4x4 - white & black like the 911. I like the idea that at 5,6 liters it has exactly the same HP as the 2,8 (half its size...) I'm building for the 911... (but of course you would not tow anything with an RSR...)

5,6-liter 32-valve V8, ABS, traction control, 5-speed automatic. Now that I've got the 285-50/18 Conti Cross-Contact UHP's mounted on 9's for summer, it's deceptively quick. it'll never be 'nimble' but with that level of power, that much traction, Porterfield R4S pads on slotted Frozen rotors, and Bilsteins - it's surprisingly capable.

And it'll carry 1000 lbs of mulch or tow any of the Porsches all day long...
zymurgist
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 28 2009, 09:29 PM) *

Idk if I could survive on a boring car

Your wallet will thank you when it's time to pay insurance.
anderssj
The 914 was my daily driver for 17 years. Wife had a '77 Celica GT when we got married, replaced by a SAAB 900, which was then replaced by a Volvo 245 as our family grew.

In 1986 we transfered from WA to VA and my commute went from 40 minutes one way (from Redmond to Boeing Field), to about 5 miles. Driving the 914 wasn't the same for that short hop--never seemed to get in the groove. In 1989 I bought a 3 year old Audi 5000 CS Quattro with only 26K miles as my new DD . . .

Both the Audi and Volvo were good cars "right out of the box"--comfortable, reasonable performance--and they permitted a degree of, shall we say, personalization. As time went on, the Volvo got a Ford V8, bilsteins, IPD bars, bigger brakes, etc, while the Audi was chipped, got a bigger turbo, brakes, euro lights (much needed).

After driving the 245 for 20 years, my wife got a two-year-old Volvo S80--another nice car, comfortable, good performance, great AC--but I still enjoy the two "old dogs" as my daily drivers.

And the 914? I put it up for sale, but my wife talked me out of it--said we'd miss it someday. wub.gif We've been bringing it back over the past few years, and it now serves as our personal time machine (took us to the mid-engine invasion--and back more than 20 years--less than a week ago). driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Richard Casto
In addition to being a Porsche fan, I am also a Honda fan. My daily driver is a 98 Civic Sedan with over 160K. I autocrossed it hard for about six years (it is now retired from autocrossing) and has been bulletproof. Even after removing all of the autocross “go fast parts” (Koni yellow, Ground Control + Eibach adjustable coil overs and big rear sway bar) and going back to stock, it’s still a fun car to drive. Depending upon how I drive, I get 30 - 36 MPG.

The wife used to drive an 00 Odyssey van, but once gas prices started to go up, we picked up another 98 Civic Sedan, so the Civics are like twins in the driveway now. We still have the Odyssey and use it for family trips and hauling stuff. In addition to the three above, we have also had an older Civic, an Accord and a Del Sol. The only complaints I have had is was with the transmission in the Odyssey (which was a bad design). Honda replaced it when it went bad on their dime and extended the warrantee at no charge.

I can't wait for the 914 to be done. I hope to use it as a "nice day" "daily driver".
HCRDAN
73 914 2.0L, bought it for my 18 yo son as his High School car (because I always wanted one), but he's never really taken to it. Instead he prefers driving the 98 Suburban which was my race car (82 911 SC - PCA G Class) tow vehicle

My other car is a 97 993 Targa and a 2001 Suburban which used to be my wife's daily driver. 993 is the preferred ride but the Burb is the airport car and middle school car pool carrier for every 3rd week when its our turn to drive.

Wife's daily driver is an 08 Honda CRV, because thats what she wanted, and when momma's happy, we're all much more likely to be happy too. If will be handed down to the 18 yo in a couple years when he can have a car at college and that will be the last one he gets from me.

And the last vehicle for now is an 06 Accord which I just purchased for my 16y.o. daughter as her car for going to school and swim practice at 5:30 AM every morning and again every evening. She'd rather drive the 914 but Ive decided its not really the safest choice for a new driver. Better to have her behind the wheel of something with many many airbags although she is a very good driver, it the other drivers I dont trust.

Suburbans have been our preferred family haulers when the kids were younger because my wife hated minivans although she initially wanted one so we had a 96 Chrysler Town & Country Ltd when those first came out.

So I have 3 cars, and 3 other drivers have 1 each. We have one more soon to be driver but the 18yo is about to ship out to Tulane and he cant have a car for the first 2 years on campus so we should be able to ride out the next couple of years with no other car acquisitions (unless i decide I just have to have a 4th car of course... aktion035.gif Oh, and I forgot the Manx style buggy built ona 64 bug chassis wiht a 2.0L motor sitting in my parents garage still from my high school days. Maybe I'll finally go get that this summer and bring it back to TX from So. Cal.
Rusty
98 Wrangler... have a hard top, soft top, and a bikini top. It's fun, hauls crap, has a trailer hitch, and is paid for.

Life is too short to drive boring cars.
HCRDAN
Oh, and just for fun I once calculated that I owned 50 cylinders worth of internal combustion engines between cars, boat, other tools such as mower, chain saw, R/C plane, etc, and 40 tires worth of rubber between cars & trailers.
dlo914
My daily driver is a 2002 Lexus IS300 5spd that is fully loaded with all the creature comforts of leather seats, heated seats, a/c, navigation, and etc. Here's a picture of the IS:
IPB Image
This is an older pic, since then i have gone back to my original rims and went with the OEM black Altezza badge that attaches to the original 2002 grill.

And the reason for not driving the 914 is because the 914 has jackstanditis at the moment. Reality-wise, James (VOX) and i took up the 914 as a project and picked up the 914 as a roller. We should have her running probably by summer or the end of summer. Just realized its been about 2-3 years since i last drove a 914. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of a 914 again.
wobbletop
2002 Subaru WRX wagon.

Perfect mix of fun and function (for me anyway).

Click to view attachment
72914S
Well as we all know, 914`s have a love for jackstands ! So I have my `92 (bought it new) reliable Ford F150 5 speed straight 6 with 150,000 miles. I`ve always wanted an old truck and now I have one. Here is a picture of the truck. We all have seen a 914 on jackstands.
Ferg
Wife's 2008 Pathfinder SE, Bought it because it seats 7, it has real 4wd, a real frame, can tow 5500lbs, and still returns high teens in city driving, and 20ish highway. I've had either a Pathfinder or a Xterra for 10 years now, the most I've replaced is a oxygen sensor.
Click to view attachment

Mine: 2007 Jeep Wrangler, recently sold the Miata for this, needed 4 seats for the kids, and needed something that was autotragic for the wife, also needed to be fun so no complaints from Chrisitne when we need to swap cars. This will be my 4th Wrangler and certainly not my last.
Click to view attachment

My other daily is my cyclocross bike, I usually ride it to work 2-3 times a week and almost every lunch hour is a ride.
Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
I drive a 99 civic every day... great car, never needs work and gets great gas mileage..
dw914er
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Apr 28 2009, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 28 2009, 09:29 PM) *

Idk if I could survive on a boring car

Your wallet will thank you when it's time to pay insurance.

This car is actually not too bad for insurance... but I do see you point

I still dont think I could do it though... I enjoy having a good spirited drive smile.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 28 2009, 07:55 PM) *

98 Wrangler... have a hard top, soft top, and a bikini top. It's fun, hauls crap, has a trailer hitch, and is paid for.

Life is too short to drive boring cars.

I have a '99... sadly, I am about to be forced to sell it since my wife left me the burden of selling the house, and I get to pay the mortgage and utilities myself while it's on the market.
GaroldShaffer
My DD is a 06 Dodge Ram Quad Cab truck with 5.7L. I use it like a truck. It has most of bells & wistles, but no nav system, leather seats, or DVD system. Between towing my SCCA region's trailer, my Racecar, and parts cars every few months its been a great truck. Its going to turn 60K miles here soon. I have no plans to get rid of it. I have been a Mopar fan since I was a kid.

My wifes DD is a 07 fully loaded Dodge Nitro. Nice truck, but I would have picked the Durango. Since it is her DD she gets to pick. We use this as our "family car", but if I stay employed I will be looking for a used 4 door "something" as my DD and family car and leave my truck just as the "Mule".
MoveQik
07 F150 Supercrew.

4WD(that is used all winter up north.)
4 doors so I can haul clients around.
Bed that seems to always be hauling something.

However, kicking around the idea of going the Ferg route and getting a Jeep. I would have to go four door.

IPB Image
jsayre914
1997 subaru outback wagon, on its second motor 220,000 milage. Thats my winter daily driver and the 914 is my summer dd.

why?

you can fit full sheets of drywall on the roof rack. You can fit a 2.0 motor in the back. You can fit 2 dogs a wife and two kids plus still have space in the back for luggage. And its a lot of fun in the snow with nobby tires on it. It can reach 115mph, dont ask me how i know.

great car
VaccaRabite
I daily drive a 2004 Subaru Outback Sport, and I love that car. Right now it is 5 years old and has 120K miles, and I'm hopeing to keep it for another 5 years and another 120K miles.

Gets OK gas mileage, can be fun to drive with good tires, is fantastic in the snow, and I have even flat towed my 914 with it (very top of its legal towing capacity, but it worked).

I would buy another, but do not like the current OBS body. I can't see me driving daily a non-hatchback car. They are just too useful.

Zach
6freak
QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 28 2009, 06:29 PM) *

You don't have to drive a Porsche every day... idk though, I get bored and upset driving a boring car... The honda isn't the fastest, but I can have alot of run with it, push it hard, and at 147k the only thing I have done to it (besides modify it) is the oil changes. Idk if I could survive on a boring car

So what with the red tow hook confused24.gif you go`n in the ditch anytime soon LMAO ..i like that lttle orange rocket .. kinda cool look`n
underthetire
2001 Grand Cherokee. I6, full time 4WD. Just turned 220K miles, can't even remember the last time I changed the oil. Probably last smog check, 2 years ago!
6freak
04 Dodge ram 3500 4x4 4 door Cummins turbo diesel beast........... for hauling what ever you want....110K

85 Honda guylude for DD 200+K................Its cheap to drive

01 Toyota Highlander 87K wifes ride! .......... she will not up grade

99 Wooldridge jet sled ....BAD ASS fish`n machine........Because it goes in 5" off water

04 Polaris RMK 800 ...EASY 110MPH........SCARY......Because its quiker the my Porsche

07 Yamaha Grizzly 450 4x4 hunt`n machine.......Make it easy to get dead animals out of the wheat fields

06 Craftsman lawn tractor 42" cutting deck ...Cause i dont have to push it around and acre of grass...LOL
Derek Seymour
2001 Nissan Fronteir. I can throw in climbing gear, a surfboard, a mountain bike, and all the camping gear I need and not give a rats @$$ if it gets beat up. I can also use it to flat tow or pick up parts it's great.

I would really like to get one of these
IPB Image
But converted to TDI

Then I can do all of the afore mentioned schlepping of gear AND have all the camping amenities right there. Great for track weekends and such.
biosurfer1
I "Daily Drive" a 03 Tacoma TRD. I have owned it since new and am just about to roll over 100k. Up until 2 weeks ago, I had spent $0 on repairs/etc besides oil/filter changes which I ALWAYS do myself due to a bad experience at Jiffy lube with my old 4runner.

I have a 05 Colorado for a work truck, so I rarely drive the Tacoma anymore, which has me thinking I should sell it and trade up for a 993... it is nice having a truck that never has any problems whatsoever though.
914werke
Why does the DD have to have 4 wheels confused24.gif

My DD is the VFR aktion035.gif I only drive the 05 F150
4x4 SCREW when it too cold or pouring rain.
I occasionally drive the Wife 95.5 S6 Avant which is FAST &
fun to drive but Im afreaid that car dosent see enough luv wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dw914er
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 29 2009, 09:35 AM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Apr 28 2009, 06:29 PM) *

So what with the red tow hook confused24.gif you go`n in the ditch anytime soon LMAO ..i like that lttle orange rocket .. kinda cool look`n

Its a so cal Import tuner fad sort of thing.. I guess maybe ricey, but I got it for free because someone owed me a favor (its worth like 50 bucks or more). I'll rock it for now...
Derek Seymour

Its a so cal Import tuner fad sort of thing.. I guess maybe ricey, but I got it for free because someone owed me a favor (its worth like 50 bucks or more). I'll rock it for now...

As soon as I saw your pic with the rear tow hook I knew I'd seen you around town. I always check out cars with obvious track day mods wondering... mmmm... A/X and Time Trial? Club Racer? Drag guy?
dw914er
its funny I have the tow hook for track even though I just auto-x the car lol

(though speedventures is having a deal with get a track day, get nitto tires for 15 dollars each.... as soon as I gte my coilovers and rims I will do that smile.gif)
zymurgist
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 29 2009, 12:55 PM) *

06 Craftsman lawn tractor 42" cutting deck ...Cause i dont have to push it around and acre of grass...LOL

Well, if you're going to go there...

1970 John Deere 140 H1 hydrostatic tractor with 38" (?) deck and chrome hubcaps. It had another blown head gasket (Kohler K321 14hp engine) but I should be able to give it a test start as soon as I get a new battery from Costco.
TonyAKAVW
My daily driver is a bicycle. I have a 2 mile commute (by design) and when it rains (about 2% of the time) I have a 1985 Toyota pickup. It is in dire need of a paint job but otherwise in decent condition. The most driving it sees is being moved from one side of the street to the other for street sweeping days.

The wife's daily driver (and our car for going places together etc.) is a 2001 Audi TT Quattro. It's a gorgeous car, drives great, excellent for the highway, but is expensive to maintain and requires a fair amount of it.

My 914 is my daily driver when I have to drive (and its not raining) and it is nearly a racer. But then again I have a short commute, no kids, I'm an engineer so I don't need anything to haul around clients or impress people with.
championgt1
My wifes DD is an 08 Subaru Legacy 3.0R. Bought it new. Outstanding car that goes like stink and handles outstanding in the snow, ice, rain. I would buy another in a heart beat.

Click to view attachment

My DD is a 94 F150. Great truck. This is the 4th Ford truck I have owned. 160,000 miles and it still runs like new.

Click to view attachment

Dave_Darling
Hers:
- 2000 M-B CLK 430 Cabrio
- 82 911SC

Both bought used. The Benz is OK, but has tons of "stuff" on it that can go wrong. The warranty is over now, and I'm not looking forward to the next time it breaks something. If we were 911 shopping now, I probably would try to steer her toward the 3.2s, because of the fuel system and the taller gearing. (Better MPG, more power, it's a win-win! And much less finicky than the CIS!)

Mine:
- My 914 was a daily driver, now is veeeeeerrrrryyy occasional.
- 1990 Honda CRX. A fun little two-seater with modest power that goes around corners very well. (Sound familiar? wink.gif )It has 206K miles on it so far, and is now starting to get a little tired. I'm in no rush to replace it, though. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I could find one that hasn't been beat to shit or riced out--but that is trying to play really long odds.

The Rex can hold a really surprising amount of stuff (I swear I've packed it full of a pile of stuff that was larger than the car!!), is fun to drive, and gets good to excellent gas mileage. I used to get 30 MPG beating on it pretty hard, and now I'm up to about 40 MPG (best tank of 46.XX) with a different driving style.

It would be amusing to get a bone-stock CRX HF. Less power, lighter weight, and far better fuel economy. Still fun enough to drive..

--DD
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 29 2009, 10:35 PM) *

It would be amusing to get a bone-stock CRX HF. Less power, lighter weight, and far better fuel economy. Still fun enough to drive..

Yep, they don't make 'em like that anymore. Unfortunately, Honda has discovered that there is greater profit to be made in catering to us fatass Americans.
Gint
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 28 2009, 06:14 PM) *

That won't happen unless we get it into the garage. This thread has way too much potential to leave it in the sandbox. Moving ...

gopack
My DD alternates between my 1996 VW Passat wagon, (I had a hard time finding a used wagon with a V6 and a 5 speed!), my late 90's GT Zaskar LE mountaion bike, and my 1994, all Campy, Specialized Allez, depending on the weather. still iffy her in April!
MBowman325
I'm down to four cars since my first car, a 1982 Honda Accord LX Hatchback was wrapped around a tree by my little brother. (His idea of testing the brakes after changing them was to run 55 down the alley.. He didn't think to bleed them before then)

My 1978 Monte Carlo Landau. This car is really sorta my pride and joy. I've driven it to and fro Denver, Nashville, all over Texas, all over Oklahoma and it's never truely left me stranded. The LG3/TH200 were replaced with an LT1/4l60e from a '95 TA. Fun combination!! (Pic the day I took ownership of it)
Click to view attachment

My 1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe. I met a friend of mine (whom I've not talked to after a large number of mis-statements on his part) halfway in Albuquerque to pick this up. Developed a pinhole leak on the radiator on the way home to Texas and turned out to be rust infested. Just got the body back off the frame to continue work that was started a few years ago.
Click to view attachment

Similar to how it looks now
Click to view attachment

My 1996 Impala - Bought this as I was waiting on the LT1 swap on the Monte or until GM came out with an acceptable version of the Monte Carlo new, upon which time I'd planned on selling it. I've got the LT1 in the Monte, but I've given up on GM. I figure it'd a good car to have as cosmetically it's the nicest..
Click to view attachment

My Accord. RIP Sir James!
Click to view attachment

And my 914. It's been a fun little car, but we all know that.
Have the rear shocks I need to put on and the replacement rear trunk hinges.
Click to view attachment

One thing that I really enjoy about my vehicles is that there are only one or two similar ones around no matter where I go, if that many.
neil30076
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 28 2009, 05:14 PM) *

Most of you have your favorite marques. I used to, until I experimented.

So, what do you/your loving other drive to work?

I appreciate those who drive 914's every day, but most of can't, for various reasons.

What I'd be curious to know, besides what you drive daily, is - did you but it or lease it? Would you buy one? (since leasing seems to be becoming a lost item).

Why do you drive what you drive? Would you buy one again?

Do you like it? Hate it?

Just curious.
Pat

It's all in my signature block - I drive the 928, 914 and Discovery at least twice each week, wifey drives the range rover - love them all - makes for variety!
sww914
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Apr 28 2009, 08:35 PM) *

2002 Subaru WRX wagon.

Perfect mix of fun and function (for me anyway).

Click to view attachment

Me too.
I raced a Testerossa on the freeway once, I was able to pull with him until 120 then I backed off, my kid was sleeping in the back.
105,000 miles. I've done the timing belt and pulleys and replaced one rear wheel bearing. I figure 1 day's work and about $300.00 over 100K.
So, it's as quick as a Ferrari, doesn't need fixing, and it can hold a week's worth of camping gear along with the family and the dog or it can hold a $750.00 grocery trip if I leave the dog at home. I wouldn't change a thing except for the cruise control on/off button location and I'd make the car 4" wider. A Legacy GT wagon would be nice.
jasons
I have been DD my 914 lately. But when AC becomes mandatory, I drive a 540i Sport. 300HP with a manual 6 speed.

Click to view attachment
Rick_Eberle
I have a 1956 Oval Window Beetle, in totally "unrestored" (ROUGH!) condidion, and a '96 SEAT Ibiza GTi... I don't think you guys in the States got those. It's a Spanish rebodied VW Polo, but with Golf Gti running gear. And a few hundred Kg lighter... and 37mpg!

The 914 is still my daily though...
Slider
My current daily driver is a 1997 Jetta Trek 80k and have done minimal maintenance to it.. its been a great car

then there is my addiction car.. 1972 914-4

my wife drives a 2002 Olds Alero 90k and needs new intake manifold seals.. damn GM..although she wants to get rid of it and get a ..gulp.. a minivan.

i have my project motorcycles that are in pieces at the moment a 1970 Yamaha R5 and a 1967 Honda S65.

but the car that i miss having is my Empi IMP (VW fiberglass buggy) that car was a blast. but my brother has it now so i see it off and on.
Rick_Eberle
As to why I drive a Beetle... I blame my Parents...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.