Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Fiberglass Rear Decklid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kconway
I suppose this is a longshot...I'm looking for a rear fiberglass decklid. I want to add a small ducktail to my car so I'm looking for a glass decklid with or without the spoiler. The longshot part...preferably in the SoCal area since shipping would be a bear.

Thanks,
Kev
strawman
There's a guy on the San Francisco Craigslist site that keeps listing a FG rear decklid every few weeks, but it has a montrous wing on it. I know it is not local, but if you're up for a small roadtrip it might be the ticket. If memory serves, I think he was ~$300 for it but he's been listing it for about 6 months now and might be willing to bargain.

Good luck! I, too, am looking for front/rear FG hoods in the Bay Area...

Geoff

QUOTE(kconway @ Apr 28 2009, 10:33 PM) *

I suppose this is a longshot...I'm looking for a rear fiberglass decklid. I want to add a small ducktail to my car so I'm looking for a glass decklid with or without the spoiler. The longshot part...preferably in the SoCal area since shipping would be a bear.

Thanks,
Kev

burton73
Kev,

I can fix you up. The blue car that I bought from duc has one and I have bought a metal one for my V8 conversation. I am in West Los Angeles so this is very close to you.

It has been worked over and is buffed to a shine and there are no glass marks on the top. Great places to start from for repaint.
What you see in the wave is typical of all glass. You can fix that in the prep for the next paint. At least make it much better. It is not bad just not perfect. These glass lids need to be worked till there are perfect. You will have a huge jump on this one. $300.
Click to view attachment
burton73
Kev,

The bottom as you asked.

Bob
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.