Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the Haynes Manual correct?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlatSix
Have a look at page 46. It shows the +ve and -ve connections and the direction of flow through the hoses.

On my car everything is connected the other way around!!! On my car I have the fuel flowing as per a diagram I downloaded some time ago (maybe from the bird site?). That is, fuel from the tank through the filter into the pump through S, out to the enging through D and return to the pump through R.

However to achieve this I have the +ve and -ve leads connected differently than the Haynes manual.

I'd be interested to know what connections other people have.

Andy
SLITS
Andy,

The Haynes manual diagram confused me too!

The pump spade terminals are marked + and - on the housing. I used them to connect the pump with the appropriate plug.

And your fuel line connections are correct. "S" is suction (from the tank), "D" is Druck or pressure to the FI system and "R" is return (pump bypass if a clog occurs in the engine lines) and is "T"ed to the line from the pressure regulator and then back to the tank.

The next time I replace a pump, I will go with the single in, single out like on the '75 - '76 ... readily avavilable and less expensive. Using this pump, there is no need for a TEE in the return line ... you go straight from the pressure regulator to the return line to the tank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.