Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 Oil feedline size and pitch ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I have what appears to be a factory /6 oil feedline from the tank to the motor. It's a large black hose with aluminum fittings on each end.

Does anyone know the size and thread pitch of the end that goes to the motor?
I'm trying to find a short adapter to 12AN as i need to run some additional hose and my motor inlet has a 12AN fitting as well.

idea.gif Andy
PRS914-6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 29 2009, 11:36 AM) *

I have what appears to be a factory /6 oil feedline from the tank to the motor. It's a large black hose with aluminum fittings on each end.

Does anyone know the size and thread pitch of the end that goes to the motor?
I'm trying to find a short adapter to 12AN as i need to run some additional hose and my motor inlet has a 12AN fitting as well.

idea.gif Andy

Andy, Patrick Motorsports has a metric to AN adapter for that. I think B.A.T in Florida has them as well. Both ends....
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Looks like this is it. 30mm to 12AN ...
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/560/

thumb3d.gif Andy

rudedude
Which one?
To the steel line at front or below the cooler?
I can go measure mine in a few minutes.
sixnotfour
smart racing has em too;
http://www.smartracingproducts.com/engine.htm
SirAndy
QUOTE(rudedude @ Apr 29 2009, 11:47 AM) *

Which one?
To the steel line at front or below the cooler?
I can go measure mine in a few minutes.

Well, my setup is a bit different. biggrin.gif

From the tank to the line next to where you have your oil cooler. On the drivers side.
shades.gif Andy
rudedude
Mine is 30mm x 1.5mm

Jule

SirAndy
QUOTE(rudedude @ Apr 29 2009, 12:09 PM) *

Mine is 30mm x 1.5mm

Thank you sir!

beerchug.gif Andy
IronHillRestorations
You might also try Pegasus Racing.
jt914-6
Andy, does your cooler look like this? You can see on it the adaptor I got from Pegasus. 30mm x 1.5mm female to 12an male. PN# 1219-12an. $38.99 in my last catalog.....

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 29 2009, 07:54 PM) *

Andy, does your cooler look like this?

Nope. The 3.6L does not have a engine mounted cooler.
shades.gif Andy
jt914-6
Like the one PRS914-6 posted? That would be a male 30 x 1.5mm to 12an. Pegasus's PN is 1218-12an. $28.99. Sorry, didn't know what engine you had...
SirAndy
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 29 2009, 09:03 PM) *

Like the one PRS914-6 posted? That would be a male 30 x 1.5mm to 12an. Pegasus's PN is 1218-12an. $28.99. Sorry, didn't know what engine you had...

Yes, sort of like in his pic, but i have a hard line on the engine that goes towards the front firewall and ends in a 12AN fitting.

The hose from the Oiltank has a metric fitting.

I'd like to get a short line (12AN) with a "T" for easy oilchange inbetween the two, hence my question about a adapter for the oil line end.

It seems that either a 30mm to 12AN male or female will do as the "T" is available with both types of ends.

thumb3d.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.