Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Early exterior drivers mirror - Sold!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914rrr
SOLD!!

Two small dings on the back, but otherwise this is a very nice exterior mirror. I have one party interested, but I am taking backups just in case he does not buy it.

Price: $60 plus shipping

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914rrr
Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
OK....I'm in....
914rrr
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 29 2009, 05:32 PM) *

OK....I'm in....

You are second in line! Thanks! beerchug.gif
TedK
If that is the mirror in the pictures, then its a newer style-not the early version.
914rrr
QUOTE(TedK @ Apr 30 2009, 11:52 AM) *

If that is the mirror in the pictures, then its a newer style-not the early version.

Sorry, but you are wrong. This is definitely a early mirror. This was verified by comparing to a late mirror. A late mirror as numbers printed on the housing, which early mirror did not. The arm angle of the early mirrors has a slight droop compared to later mirrors.
TedK
Look at the picture. Numbers 1 & 2 are "early" and number 3 is "late" style. The early mirrors are slightly smaller and have a much sharper angle on the arm elbow. The elbow difference is easy to see. Take it easy, just trying to clarify.

Ted KClick to view attachment
914rrr
The 914 Restorer's guide to authenticity shows an early and a late mirror but neither one shows as sharp an angle as #1 and #2 in your picture. I will scan the page from this guide and post it on this thread.
914rrr
Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
So....is this sold to the first guy or did I get skipped?
914rrr
QUOTE(mikez @ Apr 30 2009, 04:02 PM) *

So....is this sold to the first guy or did I get skipped?

I would never skip you! the first guy bought it. I thought I sent a pm to you, but I must have forgot. I am still getting over this flu bug. Sorry!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.