Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what I found!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
I bought this car off Ebay about a month ago and I wasn't able to go pick it up until this morning due to school. The seller gave a very vague description on it but it had a 2.0L engine and it was within an hour of my home so I bought it. It wasn't until a few days later that I realized it might be a LE since it was a white 74 with a 2.0L engine and mahle wheels. When I picked it up this morning I saw that the last last five digits of the vin# were 15378 and I also saw orange paint shining through. w00t.gif It is not in the LE registry but it is within the range. Here are some pics of what I found.

Click to view attachment
Purrty aint she?

Click to view attachment
You can see the orange paint underneath the gold

Click to view attachment
Here is a picture of the front bumper.

Click to view attachment
Front bracket for the spoiler. If you look closely you can see some orange paint on the chunk of fiberglass still there.

Click to view attachment
No side holes and black trim

Click to view attachment
Gray headlight covers that were painted black at some point. You can see the grey underneath.
dlee6204
Click to view attachment
Interior pic
charliew
It looks like it was sanded down and put out to pasture. No antenna hole.
KaptKaos
Nice find! smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
Good luck....
john grier
Great find for sure! biggrin.gif
But the question is are you going to restore it to a creamcicle or let it die? sad.gif
Looks like a major restore.
Good luck and my best wishes for you. biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Oooohhhh....looks like you may have scored... biggrin.gif

If you are able to send me (by email) what you have available of the following, I would very much appreciate it.

VIN 15378
Date code from the rear drivers door jamb label
Engine and Transaxle serial numbers

Get a COA if you want absolute certainty

Send them to me by email through the 914 Can Am website in my signature below please....

thumb3d.gif
JRust
Love LE finds! Looks promising
SirAndy
Added it to the VIN list for 'ya ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
dlee6204
I have always wanted a LE but I honestly don't know what I am going to do with it now. I will either keep it around or sell it later on. The body is in pretty bad shape however with lots of work welder.gif smash.gif welder.gif smash.gif it should be able to be saved! I have another 914 that has been draining my funds so who knows.

The paint code is L80E via the body tag. The front bumper is original but the rear bumper was replaced at some point. The rear bumper top pad is also is perfect shape so that was a nice additional surprise.

The car also came with a prefect set a rivieras wheels as well as SS heat exchangers. I also got a brand new book out of the deal. biggrin.gif

Jeff, I will send you all the information tomorrow after I can look over the car again.

More pictures to come!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

914Sixer
Good find.
watsonrx13
Nice score.... I like when these cars are 'found' again.... I hope you do keep it and either restore it yourself or sell it and have someone else do it......

Again, congrats.... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
Slider
agree.gif

I agree either restore it or get it to someone that will.

This is one not to become a parts car.
.... or parts on ebay
.....or a victim at a sawzall party
dlee6204
I did some more digging around today. Here are some more pictures

The money shot
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
Front Trunk
Click to view attachment

Hell Hole
Click to view attachment

If you look closely you can see a nail or two
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Derek Seymour
w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif

let's hope that this can be on the road again someday!

SirAndy
Lots of dirt and surface rust, but it sure looks saveable (Is that a word?)!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
davep
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Apr 29 2009, 06:03 PM) *

I have always wanted a LE but I honestly don't know what I am going to do with it now.

The paint code is L80E via the body tag.

don't forget to get the Karmann body # from the paint code badge.
Congrats on getting your very own LE!
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 30 2009, 12:27 PM) *

Lots of dirt and surface rust, but it sure looks saveable (Is that a word?)!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

Salvageable .................. shades.gif

Thanks for the pics ... makes the Purple Dirt Devil look showroom fresh av-943.gif
dlee6204
Thanks for the kind words guys. beerchug.gif I took the title to the DMV this morning so I should be getting the title back in my name within the next two weeks.

After thinking about it for a while, I have decided that I am going to keep it. It will be a long term project (what 914 isn't?) and I will just take my time with it while I work to get my other project running. I will also order a COA and hang that up on my wall when I get it. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.