Everyone should contribute to this thread and move the info over to a new Mid-Engine Invasion 2010 private planners forum.

I want to thank Rich Towle for coming up with the idea for the Hershey location, making contacts with the PCA AX people and inviting me in to do my thing. Rich, If I missed other stuff you did you can try to kick my ass next time we hang out.

Someone needs to get things rolling and keep things moving. We did good buddy! beerchug.gif

First this year is dead. We should ask the admins to give us a new planners forum for the 2010 event.

These are my thoughts:

First: just do it! Don't ask permission or take polls. Build it and they will come.

Second, without a hotel and dinner spot locked in we have no destination and no event. We put alot of pressure on the doc to get these things locked in. Doc you came through with flying colors! pray.gif Thank you!

B: We can't have a web site built without art work. Zach did a good job at taking on the challange and pushed through even when his house flooded.

Third, We can't market an event without a web site. Ray went way out on a limb very early and received some good commitments. Just imagine what can be done with a web site in place to point vendors to. Ray was a great asset to this planning team. You Rock Ray! aktion035.gif

We were short staffed. This event needed three locals to assist Dr. Evil. This would also draw in more local people. Don't be afraid to bring in out of state talent. This will help lure in other out of state 914 guys. I think too many cooks will spoil the pot so this needs careful oversite. Anyone bringing in a recruit is responsible for his recruit. They will be an assist for your pleasure. They will learn for you and only follow instructions. (not really, just kidding)

And lastly for now: We need a 914 guy to do the web site next time. I had a kid doing it and he was unreliable. He didn't return my calls or my email. We eventually got a site. What he did was very useful. But I just think we need a motivated 914 web guy. I'm sure if we posted asking for a web guy to join in with the planning forum we would get a couple guys stepping up.

old school did a good job with the shirts. I heard a couple guys state they didn't get their shirts though. We need to follow up with this and next year we need to make a cut off date for the shirts. We also need to have some made to sell at the event. I was approched several times by people wanting to purchase shirts at the event.

What say you?

Everyone needs to check the planning forum often and help each other as much as possible. ie: Zach offered to check the event email everyday. When he had other things come up he posted here in the forum that he was out for a day or two. Someone else stepped up and took over. The email from someone ready to pull the trigger and spend money on an event can not go un-answered. Great job everyone! aktion035.gif