Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Novice wants to autox with SCCNH on May 10th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
pktzygt
I've nver run since I have been stationed up here. This will be my first outing with a 914, and first with a RWD vehicle. Does anyone know if the Sports Car Club of New Hampshire has loaner helmets?

I'm not too scared of the swine flu yet, but I wouldn't mind owning my own helmet. Does anyone know of a place within a reasonable distance from Kittery, ME that sells helmets? I know reasonable distance is up to interpretation, but give me a shot.

I prefer open face, so I could probably get an open face helmet from a motorcycle shop. I know I could find one of those. Will a motorcycle helmet meet most autocross rules?

Thanks
Derek Seymour
QUOTE(pktzygt @ Apr 30 2009, 10:26 AM) *

I've nver run since I have been stationed up here. This will be my first outing with a 914, and first with a RWD vehicle. Does anyone know if the Sports Car Club of New Hampshire has loaner helmets?

I'm not too scared of the swine flu yet, but I wouldn't mind owning my own helmet. Does anyone know of a place within a reasonable distance from Kittery, ME that sells helmets? I know reasonable distance is up to interpretation, but give me a shot.

I prefer open face, so I could probably get an open face helmet from a motorcycle shop. I know I could find one of those. Will a motorcycle helmet meet most autocross rules?

Thanks

Don't know what they sell but this is what Google says

Killer Bee Helmets
463 Winnacunnet Rd # 307
Hampton, NH 03842
(603) 929-0568

You will need a helmet that is both DOT approved and at least SNELL 2000. A Motorcycle helmet will be okay but I have found that the field of vision on a auto racing specific helmet is much better. Open face os okay but full face is alway preferred. With the construction of most new helmets these days you will hardly notice the chin on a full face... until you need it of course.. but hopefully that will never happen. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.