Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this part of the Porsche?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
I know this will sound strange but I added a new stereo today and the clutch stopped working... Yeah.. I know. Strange. But its true. The only thing I did was removed this device. I -think- it went to the trunk actuator??? Remote trunk latch? Anyway, have you seen this or have I made a mistake?

Thanks everyone.

Eric

Click to view attachment
McMark
Garbage. Clutch is mechanical. So no electronics are going to affect it.
Cire
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2009, 04:49 PM) *

Garbage. Clutch is mechanical. So no electronics are going to affect it.

Thats what I figured. = ) So if my clutch goes to the floor, cable is moving, its the throw out bearing or clutch or? = )

Thanks again.

Eric
davep
Have someone watch the cable under the engine at the firewall to see if the cable itself is moving when you depress the clutch pedal. Half the problems are with the tube in the tunnel breaking free at all three locations including the firewall.
dw914er
QUOTE(davep @ Apr 30 2009, 04:55 PM) *

Have someone watch the cable under the engine at the firewall to see if the cable itself is moving when you depress the clutch pedal. Half the problems are with the tube in the tunnel breaking free at all three locations including the firewall.

agreed
bobhasissues
I swear my car has artificial intelligence, is very jealous of new parts, and is a four wheel economic stimulus program. Every time I put a new part on the car, something unrelated decides to break. I hope your clutch problem doesn't cost you too much to fix.
ericread
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ Apr 30 2009, 07:08 PM) *

I swear my car has artificial intelligence, is very jealous of new parts, and is a four wheel economic stimulus program. Every time I put a new part on the car, something unrelated decides to break.

I've had my 914 about three years, and the experience of driving a "four wheel economic stimulus program" only lasts..... well, three years so far.

lol3.gif

Good luck1

Eric Read
dr914@autoatlanta.com
reconnect that switch immediately!!!!!!! That is the factory 914 clutch discombobulator!!!!!!! No wonder your clutch does not work!!!!
EdwardBlume
Hopefully its a broken clutch cable....
jaxdream
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 1 2009, 05:07 AM) *

reconnect that switch immediately!!!!!!! That is the factory 914 clutch discombobulator!!!!!!! No wonder your clutch does not work!!!!

agree.gif Maybe somebody could post calibration instructions ??

Jaxdream
rjames
So if my clutch goes to the floor, cable is moving, its the throw out bearing or clutch or?

I'm beating that your cable has snapped somewhere along the line. Check the entire length of cable, including all the way to the transmission. It often frays where it loops back at the trasmission and snaps there.
turboturtle
What the doc said!

Girls like guys with skills

Wurd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.