Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deletted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
azbill

Deletted
euro911
Looks good, Bill. Are you gonna post some pix of an installed set up soon ? smile.gif
azbill
Thanks - I'll be posting the intalled pictures sometime next week

Bill
914rrr
smilie_pokal.gif
azbill
Here is a picture of the installation. I am now working on the intallation instructions. Should be ready next week.
VaccaRabite
What are the benefits over the Hex bar linkage?

How does the throttle cable hook in?

Interested.

Zach

azbill
The throttle cable is attached to the fitting that is resting on the block. The cable is held in place by an allen screw.

The difference between the hex bar and bell crank is the ware point is on two bearings located in the block. There is little to no chance of hang up of the throttle. The hex bar problem is that it wares on the balls that bar rides on. The raceways become eccentric (SP?) and the throttle hangs up.
euro911
Very clean set up Bill ... it'll be on my list for when I build up the 2056 smile.gif

Looks like you've been keeping busy ... you missed the Rt66 gathering this year
azbill
My wife had other plans for me that weekend - we had out of town guests. So the keep the home life happy I was the proper host. What we do to keep the wives happy.

Bill
VaccaRabite
So this improves ware, but does not improve geting the dual carbs properly balanced against each other?

Zach
euro911
Side-to-side balancing should be done with the linkages disconnected anyway.

It appears that the rods are threaded on both ends - so you should be able to fine-adjust as needed confused24.gif
azbill
The balancing is done on the carb it self. You need a synchro meter to measure the air going into each carb. However if the hex bar linkage is worn the carbs will not be in synch. I hope this answers your question.

Bill
azbill
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 9 2009, 08:39 AM) *

Side-to-side balancing should be done with the linkages disconnected anyway.

It appears that the rods are threaded on both ends - so you should be able to fine-adjust as needed confused24.gif

The link rods have left and right hand threads for fine adjustment of the linkage only not the carbs.

Bill Shaffer
IronHillRestorations
Looks like a nice piece Bill! Looks very well made.

I know with 911 or 914-6 carbs you often must bend the linkage arms to get the proper geometry. That is, the pull rods are exactly the same length but the carbs are not both on the idle stops, so you've got to loosen the linkage brackets and re-position, and then bend if that doesn't work. Ccould this be a problem with this kind of set up and since you go from the bell crank right to the carb? I guess you've got to get whatever mechanical adjustment you need on the carb?

I've always wondered about thermal expansion of the engine with a center pull bell crank linkage, does the engine expand enough when hot to take slack out of the linkage? I haven't ever used a center bell crank type of linkage.
azbill
I have not experienced or know any problem with a bell crank from thermal expansion.

Bill
E-Man
I'll buy one of those. E-mail sent. -Mike
ME733
I have an early centermount linkage setup, and I have had to add a helper return spring,which is mounted to the trunk firewall.(this is for a 4 cylinder setup).....could you provide a fitting to accomplish this?...what you have looks just great, but I notice this is for a 6 cylinder engine setup,might there be a few unique differences in linkage length,and pivot point arm offsets to accomodate the carburators offsets?....the quality of your work looks great.
azbill
QUOTE(ME733 @ May 17 2009, 08:09 PM) *

I have an early centermount linkage setup, and I have had to add a helper return spring,which is mounted to the trunk firewall.(this is for a 4 cylinder setup).....could you provide a fitting to accomplish this?...what you have looks just great, but I notice this is for a 6 cylinder engine setup,might there be a few unique differences in linkage length,and pivot point arm offsets to accomodate the carburators offsets?....the quality of your work looks great.

Thank you. My engine is a 2056 4cly. with Jenvey throttle bodies. I have not found a need for a "helper spring" with my set up. Therefore, I don't have a pick-up for a return spring at this time.

Bill

ConeDodger
Nice... I will be watching this. How soon will they be available or are they now?
azbill
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 17 2009, 11:57 PM) *

Nice... I will be watching this. How soon will they be available or are they now?

The Sidewinder is available now. I have assembled units ready to ship.

Bill
yeahmag
What are you using for a throttle cable bracket? Love the look of this thing by the way...
r_towle
QUOTE(azbill @ May 18 2009, 11:28 AM) *

Bill

Pricing please.

Rich
azbill
QUOTE(yeahmag @ May 26 2009, 11:00 AM) *

What are you using for a throttle cable bracket? Love the look of this thing by the way...

Yes I am. The bracket also has the mass air and engine coolant (air) sensors. I am running a Emerald M3D ECU and Jenvey throttle bodies. I'll take a picture in the morning.
azbill
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 26 2009, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(azbill @ May 18 2009, 11:28 AM) *

Bill

Pricing please.

Rich

The shipped price is $175.00.
azbill
here is the picture of my throttle cable bracket. For a caburators a simple 2"x2" aluminum angle would do the job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.