Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Burning Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I picked up a car with front end damage. I charged up the battery to full, got a little spark when I connected the ground (second). The car cranked just fine, but then I could smell smoke inside. Fearing an electrical fire, I disconnected the battery. Coming back inside, I looked at the fuse box and saw that the 4 left fuses were gone, and the single far right fuse was "shorter". Upon touching it, it was hot and melting.

Did this happen because the 4 right fuses were out? Can I just replace the 5 fuses and be OK? Or do I have a bigger problem?

Thanks, R
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Apr 30 2009, 06:54 PM) *

I picked up a car with front end damage. I charged up the battery to full, got a little spark when I connected the ground (second). The car cranked just fine, but then I could smell smoke inside. Fearing an electrical fire, I disconnected the battery. Coming back inside, I looked at the fuse box and saw that the 4 left fuses were gone, and the single far right fuse was "shorter". Upon touching it, it was hot and melting.

Did this happen because the 4 right fuses were out? Can I just replace the 5 fuses and be OK? Or do I have a bigger problem?

Thanks, R

Got it.

The 12 slot is the 25amp headlight motor, the smooshed part of the car. If I disconnect the grounds to the headlights, I should be OK right?

THanks, R
charliew
Grounds to the motors? why not just take the headlight fuse out?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(charliew @ Apr 30 2009, 09:03 PM) *

Grounds to the motors? why not just take the headlight fuse out?

I don't know. If that works, that sure would be easier! Thanks, R
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.