Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOT: Need Housing Info for San Luis Obisbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
Anybody from San Luis Obisbo out there?

My son and his wife are moving to San Luis Obisbo to attend grad school at CalPloy. They are moving from Lawrence, KS in the next month or so and I told him I would find out from the experts where decent priced housing would be in the area, and what areas to look into/avoid.

His wife is also a gifted artist and graduate of UNLV, so any job recommendations would also be appreciated.

Please respond or give me an IM if you have any info.

My thanks to all!

Eric Read
Wes V
Eric;

It's been about 25 years since I went to Poly (Architectural Engineering), so I don't know the current situation.

What I can say, and I don't think it's changed, is that they should plan on getting a place toward the beginning of the summer!!

When I first moved up there I waited too long and everything that was good was rented out. (I lived in a trailer in Pismo for the first quarter)

Even if they are not going to move in at that time, it may be best to just eat a couple months rent to have a good place.

I had an apartment that was walking distance and even had a garage.

Wes
EdwardBlume
SLO is more expensive than the surrounding areas unless you want to live on the beach. Thanks to this economy, you can probably find a much better deal on a house than say 2 years ago.

From Cal Poly, you can go North to Morro Bay / Los Osos, or South to Arroyo Grande / Grover Beach, or just find a place in SLO.

If I were going to grad school in SLO, I'd find a place near Pismo maybe up on the hill overlooking the ocean. You may notice a drop in grades though.
Cap'n Krusty
Going "north" is more apt to land you in Atascadero or Paso Robles. Going WNW will land you in MB, LO, and Cayucos. The Cap'n
ConeDodger
Derek Seymour lives there... He may be able to answer some local logistical questions... Great guy too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.