914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
Intense video...

Makes me take pause.

T
porschecb
sad.gif
turboman808
You guys need to pay close attention when driving. Also don't do burnouts or your penis is small(my dick must be microscopic).

lol-2.gif
6freak
VERY POWERFUL ...YES IT SHOULD BE ON U.S TELEVISION
Dr. Roger
it should be required to see in high school drivers ed.

i had no idea back then that my actions could have such impact on others. the world actually doesn't revolve around me, and i am not invincible.

what a concept.

grouphug.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(6freak @ May 1 2009, 09:57 AM) *

VERY POWERFUL ...YES IT SHOULD BE ON U.S TELEVISION

Should be mandatory in drivers ed. Oh, wait, we don't teach kids how to drive in this country. It's optional. And even then, it's very nearly worthless.

Ever seen what it takes to get a drivers license in Finland? Every driver is taught car control. Goes a long way towards explaining why a country with .08% of the world's population makes up 15% of the Formula 1 grid, and 17% of the WRC grid.

That video made an impact on my day. I am sending it to everyone that I know.
914rrr
My nephew just got his drivers license..and even though he is a responsible kid...I sent this to him and his parents.

Thank you for posting this. I agree, it should be shown in all drivers ed classes.

yeahmag
Oh man... That was really rough to watch. Funny how sensitive one gets after having a child.
turboman808
Here is the street survival schedule for the rest of the year if your really concerned about safety.
http://www.streetsurvival.org/school-schedule.php

I will say one big pet peeve of mine is the poor quality tires we get with new cars. How we let this go on I cannot figure out. Think about how many accidents can be avoided or less serious if only the car could stop 10-20 mph sooner. How come there is no uproar about this?
736conver
QUOTE(yeahmag @ May 1 2009, 12:55 PM) *

Funny how sensitive one gets after having a child.

So true.
Drums66
Certainly strikes a nerve! idea.gif
GeorgeRud
Should be required at driver's ed classes, driver's licensing stations, and most importantly at each new cellphone activation!
6freak
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 1 2009, 11:18 AM) *

Here is the street survival schedule for the rest of the year if your really concerned about safety.

I will say one big pet peeve of mine is the poor quality tires we get with new cars. How we let this go on I cannot figure out. Think about how many accidents can be avoided or less serious if only the car could stop 10-20 mph sooner. How come there is no uproar about this?

Try Porsche Club of America ..Skills day.... will teach you the same kinda stuff $50 bucks here in WA and they feed you lunch ....all day set time.. in fact you cant go on the big track if you dont do this first and pass.....PS in any car make
championgt1
QUOTE(turboman808 @ May 1 2009, 11:18 AM) *

If people would actually drive their cars and pay attention to what the hell they were doing you would'nt have to worry about things like if I could only stop 20 feet sooner. It is scary anymore. 16 year old kids with 300hp WRX's is just a problem waiting to happen.
orange914
wow! that gets you. it should be a drivers ed. required film blink.gif

QUOTE(championgt1 @ May 1 2009, 07:39 PM) *

It is scary anymore. 16 year old kids with 300hp WRX's is just a problem waiting to happen.

nothing new really

picture the era of the 60's/70's bigblock cars (i was in there with a 455 4speed). even though todays cars are safer it just takes 1 irresponsible driver to ruin many lives.
championgt1
agree.gif Well put.
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif
stepuptotheMike
Unfortunately, we've had a real life example here in the local community.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...nd.235cd40.html

Sad thing is that it was a 40-something woman racing with a 20-something...with minors in both cars. Just plain stupid.

I drove by this wreck shortly after it happened.... chilling.

Honestly, I found the video a bit on the cheesy side. I think it was the part where the girl was sitting on the wall and the car slams into her and her boyfriend.

I think most high schools do some sort of modern "blood runs red on the highway" program. Several bring in smashed up cars or show slideshows of kids that were killed, injured beyond recognition, etc.

Unfortunately, it only takes one bad decision, in one brief moment to rip someone's world apart.

Mike
dkjens
Great movie, and it does say "pay attention" as supposed to just blaming drivers for everything (the young boy texting and walking right out in front of the box van). It doesn't matter if it's a Fiat 800 or something with a 455 Olds in it, the human body is so frail, an impact with either will have much the same effect.
I think the "pay attention" is really the big message, pay attention as a driver and as a pedestrian, but obviously especially as a driver. People are extremely preoccupied with other things while driving these days, and that IMHO is what causes the majority of accidents. Yes, there are some f... heads out there racing either where they shouldn't or with innocent passengers on board, but they make out such a small part of the bad drivers.
Anyway, strong movie, certainly didn't improve my mood.

Jens
McMark
That would never get on US television. Which is sad, really.

If we protect ourselves from reality, it's not real.... right? blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ May 2 2009, 09:38 AM) *

That would never get on US television. Which is sad, really.

If we protect ourselves from reality, it's not real.... right? blink.gif

Very true... Yesterday my brand new first day student (with me watching carefully) transported a 15 year old girl who stepped out in front of an East bound car at 7am on her way to school. The driver and passenger both stated the sun obliterated their view and they never saw her. Driver experience and speed was cited as a contributing cause. Not much polytrauma but her head hit the ground. She will wear a ventilator to go along with her braces for some time... Her parents will relish that time because when it is over they will only have memories.

To be a father and to look into the eyes of a father and mother facing this was and still is very moving. I talked with Nicho about it an hour later. I think probably one of the most dangerous places on earth are the streets around a High School at 4pm.
lotus_65
"If, even for one instant driving is not your #1 and only priority when behind the wheel: STOP!"

-thefleur
Sleepin
icon_bump.gif

Looked for this one for a while. I am going to download it for a safety topic at work. KMA.gif
veltror
Sorry, but in my opinion this is an over the top video. The majority of accidents are not caused by speeding but by in-attention. Fiddling with the stereo, talking on a bloody mobile. When I move to the US I was appalled by the standard of driving, I was made to take a driving test which lasted less then 15 minutes. !! Insane. Pedestrians have their brains switched off, it is time to stop blaming speeding etc but to blame the real cause daydreaming. The speed limits in the UK are too low, too low in the US. Look at accident stats across the world and you will find that it is not speeding that cause most accidents...
wbergtho
If people would actually drive their cars and pay attention to what the hell they were doing you would'nt have to worry about things like if I could only stop 20 feet sooner.

Speeding isn't so much the issue...having control over your car is really the issue. Driving a 2-3 ton projectile while eating a Big Mac, text messaging or putting your fucking lip stick on will create a whole host of issues that change/terminate lives forever. Focus on driving and know that one lapse in judgement or concentration will cause all the horrors in this video. With that said, I can think of many places i drive where the speed limit could be safely increased. Think outside the box people.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.